Respected Contributor

A friend, her brother and mother are visiting for a few days.  They are staying in a hotel close to us.

We're going to a garden tour with lunch afterwards on Friday.   I'd like to invite them over for dessert afterwards but haven't come up with how to do it.

Friend and I will be out all day Thursday, so I'll have to make or buy it Thursday night.  I don't know what they like or even if they eat sweets.   I'm struggling with what to have and the logistics of it all.

Help please!!!   

Honored Contributor

Strawberry short cake which you can have ready and assemble it very quickly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions please....

[ Edited ]

Why don't you ask her on Thursday while you are out with her all day as to what she likes or can eat.  We have a really good bakery close to home that I sometimes stop in and buy a quick treat.  We like lemon bars, eclairs, cannolis, cheese cake squares.  Costco has some really good stuff as well.

If they don't eat sweets I'd get some cheese, crackers and fruit.  Maybe some brie cheese with pears or apples.  Costco has a great selection.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  ~ Good suggestion.  For anyone who does not eat sweets?  Fresh strawberries.  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

Nice chilled fruit salad and a marble cake. Pick them both up at the store. Don’t forget the whip cream for the fruit. 

Honored Contributor

make a pound cake the day before (or buy one if you dont want to make one.)

buy some fresh berries......strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries

make some fresh whipped cream (or buy a can if you dont want to make it.)

if they like they can put the berries on the pound cake and add the whipped cream.

if they dont eat sweets they can eat the berries plain or with the whipped cream.
if they are allergic to the berries or dont care for them then they can have the pound cake plain.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
We just had a wonderful bar cake with cream in the middle and fruit on top. Costco. Worthy of any occasion. You could also get some fresh blueberries and strawberries to serve separately if they aren’t into cake.....I assure you they will want this cake!
Honored Contributor

all the ideas of fresh fruit and pound cake was  great.

also have some cookies for a just in case if they can't or don't eat fruit.

some people have allergies to strawberries and blueberries and such

Respected Contributor

What are you having at the luncheon? You sound like you are a busy person. I would go with things that are easy so that you can spend your time conversing and relaxing. I like the fruit ideas and you can get that premade. Have some coffee and a cold beverage like lemonade. You can also think if there is a regional speciality that would be good. I think you will be full from lunch so I would not do a lot.

I usually have things like cheese straws. benne cookies, cut up fruit. Being in the south we tend to pickle a lot as well.

What ever you have will be wonderful. Try not to go overboard and do too much.

doxie