Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Graduation Gifts?

Depends upon how well you know the grad and their immediate future plans.  Then an appropriate gift would be appreciated.   But cash is alway highly appreciated, so they can purchase what they need themselves.

Respected Contributor

For our last few college grads we had their diploma framed (through the university).

So it looked like this

Image result for college degree frames

So far everyone loved and appreciated the gift and they disply proudly at home or work

Honored Contributor

Money.  No doubt about it.

Although I do like the gift card for gas.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Boring for sure, but money is the answer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I once gave a gift card for a gas station near the graduate's apartment.  She was starting a job that required a bit of a daily commute in her personal vehicle.  She wrote that she was grateful for this gift in her Thank You note.

Excellent idea!!!  Will keep that in mind when one of my GSs graduates from college next year.  His father is going to surprise him w/a car, his mother will take care of his car insurance for a year & NaNa (me) will supply the gas!Smiley Very Happy

NaNa--my GD just got her license....i gave her a credit card so she can charge her gas and i...a Nana, too...will pay the bill.....she was speechless.....nothing better than being a Nana!

Valued Contributor

Thank you All for your replies!  I appreciate you taking the time!  Have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

While I have always thought that presents such as a briefcase or engraved watch are appropriate for a college grad, I think in today's world the grad would prefer money.

money,  

not sure any kid would want an engraved watch these days 

Honored Contributor

It depends on the graduate, they are not all created equal.  It lso depends on your budget.  Having said that, you can never go wrong with money.

Honored Contributor

I think money is always appreciated.
Super Contributor

I know you asked about gifts for a male college graduate....But.along the great gift cards idea, I have a fun idea I'll pass on. We had a neighbor who brought over an envelope for our HS graduate at the time. When DD opened it, she found it was stuffed with about $20-$30 worth of lottery tickets!!!

She's a real fun gal, so she laughed and had a ball with the thrill and suspense of scratching off a potential "big winner!"