Valued Contributor

Suggestions for Graduation Gifts?

I need suggestions please, for a College Graduation Gift for Males...Thanks for your ideas and recommendations!

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Graduation Gifts?

I am not someone who always says, give money. However, for this age bracket, it seems to be ,what they need, and want

Honored Contributor

I'm sure money will be greatly appreciated by the graduate.  

Esteemed Contributor

Money.

Esteemed Contributor

Young people that age prefer money.A check or an American Express gift card would be nice.

Esteemed Contributor

While I have always thought that presents such as a briefcase or engraved watch are appropriate for a college grad, I think in today's world the grad would prefer money.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

cash, gift cards, check......everyone always appreciates money, especially when they are first starting out. a small personal gift could accompany it or replace the cash.......eau de toilette, journal with a pen, wallet, sports tickets, a bond.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I once gave a gift card for a gas station near the graduate's apartment.  She was starting a job that required a bit of a daily commute in her personal vehicle.  She wrote that she was grateful for this gift in her Thank You note.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this grad going back home?  If so money. Is this grad setting up a new apartment? Target or Home store gift card. But money is always one size fits all. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I once gave a gift card for a gas station near the graduate's apartment.  She was starting a job that required a bit of a daily commute in her personal vehicle.  She wrote that she was grateful for this gift in her Thank You note.

Excellent idea!!!  Will keep that in mind when one of my GSs graduates from college next year.  His father is going to surprise him w/a car, his mother will take care of his car insurance for a year & NaNa (me) will supply the gas!Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif