Esteemed Contributor

Success At The Grocery Store.

We have a Super Walmart and a Weis Market 11/12 miles from us.  Rather than waste time schlepping there and finding empty shelves I went to a very small independant store.

This whole place could fit in a Wegmans produce section.

They had toilet paper and paper towels. Now, not a name brand but beggars can't be choosers. A ton of eggs,milk, bread, pasta and meat. They have the best meat around. Not one empty, or even near empty, shelf.

Sometimes bigger is not better.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

Now I stay put for a couple weeks until I absolutely have to venture out again.

Respected Contributor

Re: Success At The Grocery Store.

YES!!! So happy for you and it's great to read something positive.  Our family did the same.  There is a family-owned and operated store not far away and from the looks of things, this current situation has brought lots of business to them.

Love it when things have a way of working out.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

TOILET PAPER!  Now that deserves a Happy Dance!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I ordered from Instacart Sunday for delivery this morning, Wednesday.9-11am..I had several different shoppers trying to find a store that had stock.....Thankfully Instacart found one....why they even had TP and paper towels....the only thing that was out of stock on my list was eggs.....And  there were substitutes of replacing national brands with the store brand but I was just THRILLED to get my grocery list filled and delivered!!! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I got one of the last few left of toilet paper packages last Friday at Walmart.  Yesterday I finally got eggs at my Brookshire's.  Living alone I do not normally buy 18 count but that was all they have.  Now I need to find some Dial soap for my shower and almost need paper towels but not quite.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

We have a Super Walmart and a Weis Market 11/12 miles from us.  Rather than waste time schlepping there and finding empty shelves I went to a very small independant store.

This whole place could fit in a Wegmans produce section.

They had toilet paper and paper towels. Now, not a name brand but beggars can't be choosers. A ton of eggs,milk, bread, pasta and meat. They have the best meat around. Not one empty, or even near empty, shelf.

Sometimes bigger is not better.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

Now I stay put for a couple weeks until I absolutely have to venture out again.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I'm glad you were able to get what you needed. I like to save money as well as the next person, but now I buy something if I need it whatever the cost.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I got one of the last few left of toilet paper packages last Friday at Walmart.  Yesterday I finally got eggs at my Brookshire's.  Living alone I do not normally buy 18 count but that was all they have.  Now I need to find some Dial soap for my shower and almost need paper towels but not quite.

@beckyb1012 

You might have some luck with Dial Soap at Walgreens or CVS..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I feel great about my shopping this morning too.  I was able to get isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.  I was able to get tylenol.  Now on a roll, I got eggs and milk.  I was not able to get the Sara Lee cheesecake with the strawberries on top, but there's always next week, hopefully. 

Honored Contributor

I have an Instacart delivery scheduled for today.  I also had one last week that never showed up so hopefully I will have better luck today.  

My former neighbor went to Costco yesterday to pick up a prescription for me and she shared some bananas, potatoes, bread and, best of all, brought a beautiful bouquet of tulips for me.  

Valued Contributor

My husband went to Trader Joes and to another grocery store during his lunch hour --he is working from home (thankfully). He was able to find things that we were unable to find last time we had gone to the store (which was about 8-9 days prior). 

He found flour and sugar and butter. It is amazing because he said Trader Joe's was actually pretty well stocked though of course some things were not there. Of course neither store had TP or other paper products. But be thankful for little blessings.

When he came home I wiped down everything and would not let the bags in the house on the counter.

It is better safe than sorry.