Honored Contributor

Re: Storm Forecast .... it's started

@On It wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thank you! Sitting out here in the arid Southwest, I have been to NYC several times but did not recognize that name. It is so much fun to learn about everyone's life in different parts of our country. Please know I was jokingly trying to piece together where you were.

@On It  LOL. Around here we use the initials for the bridge as no one calls it by its new name. And NY instead of writing it out. Same with the George Washington Bridge. It's the GW instead of saying the whole name. 

Super Contributor

@On It wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thank you! Sitting out here in the arid Southwest, I have been to NYC several times but did not recognize that name. It is so much fun to learn about everyone's life in different parts of our country. Please know I was jokingly trying to piece together where you were.

Living in the beautiful Lower Sonoran Desert of Arizon but I am from Rockland County in NY and have family there.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I always dread storms,because I seem to loose power.especially summertime when its hot as heck and humidity is thick

@Luvsmyfam  We used to lose power in every little storm. In the past couple of years that stopped happening. Don't know why.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@On It 

Per your request .... via Wiki:

The Tappan Zee Bridge, officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, is a twin cable-stayed bridge spanning the Hudson River between Tarrytown and Nyack in the U.S. state of New York. It was built to replace the original Tappan Zee Bridge, which was located just to the south.

@ALRATIBA Ever see any headless horsemen (or women) in your neck of the woods?  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@On It 

The Tappan Zee Bridge, officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, is a twin cable-stayed bridge spanning the Hudson River between Tarrytown and Nyack in the U.S. state of New York. It was built to replace the original Tappan Zee Bridge, which was located just to the south.

@Sooner   He's up in my area.

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

@On It wrote:

Living in the beautiful Lower Sonoran Desert of Arizon but I am from Rockland County in NY and have family there.

@MildredM  That's where I am. When did you leave?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@On It 

@proudlyfromNJ Ah!  Anyway he is a favorite of mine!  We read or listen to the story every fall!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy   ....  very good question!

I'm down in Manhattan - lots of weird sights - but no headless horsemen ..... yet!  Smiley Wink  

Paging:  

@proudlyfromNJ 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Sooner 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy   ....  very good question!

I'm down in Manhattan - lots of weird sights - but no headless horsemen ..... yet!  Smiley Wink  

Paging:  

@proudlyfromNJ 

@ALRATIBA Just associating with the TZ!  He could get to you I guess!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@On It 

@proudlyfromNJ Ah!  Anyway he is a favorite of mine!  We read or listen to the story every fall!  

@Sooner  Favorite of mine also. We go over to Sleepy Hollow every once in awhile. Fun especially around Halloween.