Honored Contributor

Re: Storm Forecast .... it's started

@proudlyfromNJ Just color me envious!!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Funny thing about NYC   ...   a headless horseman could probably ride down Fifth Avenue and no one would pay any attention!

Super Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

@On It wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thank you! Sitting out here in the arid Southwest, I have been to NYC several times but did not recognize that name. It is so much fun to learn about everyone's life in different parts of our country. Please know I was jokingly trying to piece together where you were.

Living in the beautiful Lower Sonoran Desert of Arizon but I am from Rockland County in NY and have family there.

Left in the early 80s but only arrived in AZ about 30 yrs ago.

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

@MildredM wrote:

@On It wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thank you! Sitting out here in the arid Southwest, I have been to NYC several times but did not recognize that name. It is so much fun to learn about everyone's life in different parts of our country. Please know I was jokingly trying to piece together where you were.

Living in the beautiful Lower Sonoran Desert of Arizon but I am from Rockland County in NY and have family there.

Left in the early 80s but only arrived in AZ about 30 yrs ago.

@MildredM  That's about when we moved here. Lived in an apt. For awhile, then bought a house and don't plan on leaving. LOL

Super Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@On It 

Per your request .... via Wiki:

The Tappan Zee Bridge, officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, is a twin cable-stayed bridge spanning the Hudson River between Tarrytown and Nyack in the U.S. state of New York. It was built to replace the original Tappan Zee Bridge, which was located just to the south.

This bridge was originally named for a Native American tribe and the Dutch Zee which means sea.  Now it is named after a politican.

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@On It 

Per your request .... via Wiki:

The Tappan Zee Bridge, officially named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, is a twin cable-stayed bridge spanning the Hudson River between Tarrytown and Nyack in the U.S. state of New York. It was built to replace the original Tappan Zee Bridge, which was located just to the south.

This bridge was originally named for a Native American tribe and the Dutch Zee which means sea.  Now it is named after a politican.

@MildredM  No one around here ever calls it anything but the Tappan Zee Bridge.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It - It's the Tappan Zee Bridge in NY.

Esteemed Contributor

Every time we go to visit our daughter/grands we cross the TZ who lives in White Plains. We are coming from SC (originally from NJ).

Honored Contributor

Viewing lightening from a high rise building must be quite a sight. I live in a wide open area and just can't imagine it.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

We had a couple of "un-forcasted" heavy thunderstorms today.  In btw storms, the sun was out nice & bright.  But, boy, the humidity has made a come back!  We're expecting high temps this weekend thru next week, high 80s-90s.  Not loving it here in W. MA.  Zaps my energy & dislike having to shut all windows & put the AC on.  But, I'm thankful we have AC.