Honored Contributor

I just read that TJMaxx, Marshall's and HomeGoods will open most stores by the end of June. There will be guidelines, masks and temp checks etc.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

all three have already opened here 2 weeks ago. my husband went to check it out last week, and said it looked sad. it was not fully stocked. 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just read that TJMaxx, Marshall's and HomeGoods will open most stores by the end of June. There will be guidelines, masks and temp checks etc.

@QVCkitty1   Our Marshall's will officially open June 4th.  I really missed shopping there.  The staff is very nice and friendly as well.  Hopefully they have all kept their jobs.  

Respected Contributor

TJX Stores here opened last week. No temps taken.  Limits to # shoppers in store.   Social Distancing and wear masks. Everything is red tagged. All registers were open.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I went to do quick store trips today and what I am not understanding is people choosing to not wear masks.  I think this is the least we can do.  Mask will help each person not spread germs.  I saw older people in stores wearing masks, I wear a mask to help protect the elderly.  I just do not understand why something simple like covering you face people choose not to do it.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I went to do quick store trips today and what I am not understanding is people choosing to not wear masks.  I think this is the least we can do.  Mask will help each person not spread germs.  I saw older people in stores wearing masks, I wear a mask to help protect the elderly.  I just do not understand why something simple like covering you face people choose not to do it.

@sunshine 919, barring any physical reason, either they don't give a rat's behind, they don't believe that it does anything, or more extreme reasons that I've read but won't repeat here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Stores should require customers wear masks.  My friend said her daughter who works part time at Marshall's,  was told when they open all employees will be required to wear masks that will be provided to them by Marshall's, must answer health questions on line before their shift, and all employees will have their temperatures taken every day they report to work.  Supervisors will keep a close watch that employees and customers are keeping their distance.  The dressing rooms will be closed.  Seems like that store is following guidelines.  Personally I'm not ready to go any department store yet.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@sunshine 919, barring any physical reason, either they don't give a rat's behind, they don't believe that it does anything, or more extreme reasons that I've read but won't repeat here.

I think not giving a rat's behind is probably the answer sadly.  Not understanding why there are not signs that say no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.  Oh and people were not keeping their distance either.  I suppose a lot of  this is the responsibility of the store.  This particular store I will not go back

What about churches in your area.  My church called me and said services whould be Sunday limit 50 people.  I asked if masks would be mandatory and he said no, so I told him I would not be there.  

I have discovered that I enjoy watching different pastors on youtubeSmiley Happy