Respected Contributor

Re: Stop Lugging it With You to Every Thread

@truffle wrote:

Moonchilde I think you're pretty brilliant.  I enjoy reading your pov though I don't always agree and I think you're a straight shooter 99% of the time.  Can't beat that!!  Smiley Very Happy

@Moonchilde, while your brilliance has never blinded me Woman Wink, I agree with @truffle that you are a straight shooter.  It's an admirable trait. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Oh, I hear ya, @JavaQueen 😏

No great changes will come about in human nature because of my post - amply proven already, lol. But it was something I wanted to say, because...I wanted to say it, and for no ulterior motive ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Preds wrote, in part:"... There will never be "Peace on Earth"... or on this board. 

I love to debate and I miss the folks I could do this with without having the "mean" to go with it.

We are all different for a reason.  We need to respect it and not abuse it at every twist and turn.  Discuss the topic ... not the responder."

@Preds, not to diminish at all what you just said.  I agree with it; however, it's basically a paraphrase of what @Moonchilde said in her original post.  She gets blasted, while you get "hearted."  

I'm asking, this a case of 'Poster Prejudice'?  I honestly do not know.

Respected Contributor

IMO, some of you are being a bit hard on the OP.  If you look at the opening of the OP, it begins with "Just my thoughts-"  She is sharing her thoughts with everyone -- not dictating, not lecturing, but rather suggesting, even asking based upon her observations.  Her OP is well intended at any rate.

I know of one glaring example of how posters respond negatively to someone here each time she starts a thread.... just because they don't like her.  I have to admit, it bothers me.  I try my best not to let anyone's past threads color my opinion for that person's future threads.  If I find that difficult to do, I do my best to just pass it on by instead of responding.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I think you are saying it would be more interesting (informative) if we could have discussions that didn't turn into ad hominem mud slings.  If so, I agree.

As you said, it would be great to participate in some of those. On the other hand, if you know me, if someone wants to sling mud they're not going to come out clean!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Moonchilde

I think you are saying it would be more interesting (informative) if we could have discussions that didn't turn into ad hominem mud slings.  If so, I agree.

As you said, it would be great to participate in some of those. On the other hand, if you know me, if someone wants to sling mud they're not going to come out clean!

Been there, done that.  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Mud, mud glorious mud,

Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.

Honored Contributor

Sooo, I saw at least one post that basically said that inappropriate behavior is ok but expressing one's opinion about it is not.  So, if you don't like the inappropriate behavior you should just leave?   But you certainly should not say anything about it.  Just go.

I'm finding that I cannot connect with that.

I don't see a thing wrong with discussing it.  But to imply that the only 'ok' part is the bad behavior of carrying grudges around from thread to thread, etc - I don't know.  I'm trying but I just cannot understand that notion.

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Preds wrote, in part:"... There will never be "Peace on Earth"... or on this board. 

I love to debate and I miss the folks I could do this with without having the "mean" to go with it.

We are all different for a reason.  We need to respect it and not abuse it at every twist and turn.  Discuss the topic ... not the responder."

@Preds, not to diminish at all what you just said.  I agree with it; however, it's basically a paraphrase of what @Moonchilde said in her original post.  She gets blasted, while you get "hearted."  

I'm asking, this a case of 'Poster Prejudice'?  I honestly do not know.

Both were hearted.

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Moonchilde

Been there, done that.  Woman Embarassed

Lol. Me too but not always an admirable trait.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw