Valued Contributor

My husband and I got ours a couple of days after it was announced on the news. Now we hope to get the third one.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3  a lot of people are getting that message. Hope you get yours in the mail soon. Either by check or Debit card. Make sure you open every piece of  mail you get.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@SharkE -

I had kind of thought I might never get it. Finally, this past Sat, 30th, I got it in the mail-an IRS check, very visable identifiable official looking.

So don't give up hope those who haven't.

It definitely threw us all off to see these were mailed Jan 6th and it comes a month later. But the mail has been so erratic lately.

I just got a Christmas card from my son a few days ago!

We could have driven there in a day!

@on the bay , this will give the Posters hope. We know what's the mail is like. How long does it take to get QVC packages throught the USPS? forever.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Xivambala -

I just read this -( and I never knew there was a "non filer" filing.)

"If you're eligible for a stimulus payment but DO NOT generally file a tax return and you DID NOT register with the using the Non-Filer tool, you won't receive an automatic payment. You can still claim your payment when you file your 2020 federal income tax return.Dec 30, 2020"

@on the bay , I receive Survivors Benefits and I receive both Simulus check by direct deposit. Keep checking the mail.

Valued Contributor

@on the bay ===> I never knew there was a non-filers tool either, and apparently it's no longer functioning if I read right. Just shows how pooly coordinated this whole thing is. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stimulus check # 2

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala If you didn't file a 2019 tax return, you won't get the $600 rebate, automatically, but sounds like you're entitled to it. 

You can file for free, on the IRS website, to claim your stimulus check.  

Just type IRS free file, in your browser.  You'll be guided through free filing, and it is free.  

It's my understanding, the IRS isn't accepting 2020 filings, until 2/12, but you can submit them now, if you want.  

I just helped an older lady, that used to work with me.  Her situation was like your's.  It was easy, didn't take too long.

Go for it 😊

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 -

Thankyou but I finally received mine this past sat. I just wrote this for @Xivambala who hadnt received hers.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I received a $600 debit card in my name...my Husbands $600  is still being held  up?  We do our taxes together and last year received a check with both our names on it?  I just do not understand.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus check # 2

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala wrote:

I received nothing. I don't earn enough with my SS to file a tax return now. I did receive #1 via direct deposit based on my 2018 tax return when I was still working. Have nothing by mail and no information at the 'Get My Payment' website.

@Xivambala   If you get Social Security they know how much you make.  You should get a stimulus check.  It's designed for people like you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Last time we got a debit card...nothing yet this time. We always file income tax returns.