Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I haven’t received mine yet. The last one came direct deposit. Nothing has changed but, when I check status on this one, I get a message that they don’t have enough information or some such thing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus check # 2

[ Edited ]

@SharkE -

I had kind of thought I might never get it. Finally, this past Sat, 30th, I got it in the mail-an IRS check, very visable identifiable official looking.

So don't give up hope those who haven't.

It definitely threw us all off to see these were mailed Jan 6th and it comes a month later. But the mail has been so erratic lately.

I just got a Christmas card from my son a few days ago!

We could have driven there in a day!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Stimulus check # 2

[ Edited ]

yeah, same thing with my husband.    @willdob3 

Duh, we're both on SS and Medicare they send SS direct deposit every month.  We file tax returns every yr. and they act like they don't have enough information to send him, his !!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

All they needed to do is send it the same way they did last time. How did they get it right before and mess up now? Oh well.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala -

I thought especially if you didn't have enough to file you should still get a stimulus check?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

He's gonna file a Recovery Credit form to this yr.'s taxes I'm sure we'll have to pay in.

Hope the 3rd one isn't as much of a hassle ! Not fair and doesn't make sense.  I have an Aunt because she is just on SS and in 80's she thinks she doesn't have to file, period, and SHE GOT ONE !

Who's running this program ? Unbelievable !

Valued Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Xivambala -

I thought especially if you didn't have enough to file you should still get a stimulus check?

@on the bay 

I would think so. I sometimes wonder how this government manages to function.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala -

I just read this -( and I never knew there was a "non filer" filing.)

"If you're eligible for a stimulus payment but DO NOT generally file a tax return and you DID NOT register with the using the Non-Filer tool, you won't receive an automatic payment. You can still claim your payment when you file your 2020 federal income tax return.Dec 30, 2020"

Trusted Contributor

We haven't gotten ours. I'm starting to think we aren't getting one. My husband said a bunch of people he works with haven't gotten theirs either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala  hope you receive yours soon. A lot of people are still waiting.