Valued Contributor

WILL GIVE A DONATION TO OUR FOOD BANK   LIKE THEY HELPED MY MOM AND DAD MANY YEARS AGO 

Regular Contributor

Smart people will pay off debt or add money to savings. The 'all knowing" and all s tupid Suze Orman said SPEND IT.  How can anyone offer such ill advice?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

Just remember- all the stimulus check is an advance on your tax credit. This is not a gift! You'll be responsible for the funds on your 2021  tax return-  be wise with your spending!  I'll most likely lump it with my rainy day fund.

Respected Contributor

We are putting ours aside to pay off the other half of our property taxes which are due in October.   Now we can pay them off sooner and not have to worry about them for a year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spending it; I want a laptop and husband wants a new accessory for his John Deere mower.   

**Teacher daughter just started up the washer in the basement, which was an instant reminder it needs to be replaced.  That will take priority over a laptop.

Respected Contributor

@songbird looking at buying an exercise bike to get rid of the fat that I have put on since quarantine before they have to remove a wall to get me out of the house

Honored Contributor

If I get it I am donating it to a fund that is helping the small businesses in our city.  

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Just remember- all the stimulus check is an advance on your tax credit. This is not a gift! You'll be responsible for the funds on your 2021  tax return-  be wise with your spending!  I'll most likely lump it with my rainy day fund.

———————

I don’t know how to post a link but if you do a search, I think you’ll find this is incorrect. Some of the wording used about the stimulus has been misleading. It will be not considered taxable income either. 

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I heard mention on a Fox business show that there will be a line on our 2020 tax return that will cancel the tax on this, making it tax free.

I hope you all are well, hopefully we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel.   Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We will both get reduced checks. But, we will bank them.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004