Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Both checks were direct deposited.

Several years ago, our tax person set up our tax returns to deposit or withdraw funds from our bank account and has stayed that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Received mine in NYS in the mail yesterday and my friend in another zip code got her's Tuesday.

I read on here or someplace.....Feds turned the distribution of money over to H & R Block.  If so,  H & R (perhaps) not allowed to have our personal info.....so checks are the way to go.

(personal info = our bank account numbers)

That's a guess on my part only

Trusted Contributor

Our first one was sent on a cash card (and quite late), this one was a direct deposit almost immediately.  It certainly makes one wonder about the efficiency of the federal government. 

Honored Contributor

I read somewhere that the method of payment is supposedly based on the tax return you filed last year.

Since I don't ever have to pay, there's no record of my bank account info so I got a check last time and will this time...at some point!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids The Feds know their way to my bank account without problem.  I owe taxes every year and they just withdraw the amount owed.

SSI they make direct deposits each month.

So for them to issue me a recent check - - something wasn't going right.

Valued Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check

[ Edited ]

Well just showed up in my Informed Delivery....from the Department of Treasury in Kansas City...not sure tho whether its just the letter they send out or maybe hopefully a check..It was suppose to be a DD on 1/4....anyone know what it could be?

Honored Contributor

Let us know !

Hope springs eternal !

Honored Contributor

Let's face it, the first time went so smoothly we had to know if there was a way to screw this up they'd find it... Add me to the list still waiting for a check supposedly mailed on the 6th but whose first payment was direct deposited. Meanwhile, nothing changed, but for the aforementioned predictable muck up there was no reason not to direct deposit this one... Be forewarned, they're already saying that due to the many glitches, some folks will see their 'check' as a tax refund or a reduction in the amount of taxes due... This has been an epic fail... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

Both checks were direct deposited.

Several years ago, our tax person set up our tax returns to deposit or withdraw funds from our bank account and has stayed that way.

I think many of us have accounts set up this way. In this instance, however, it didn't matter. It was the luck of the draw.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Ours arrived by mail last Saturday. We are going to have our tax refund direct deposited this year so that we don't have to involve the postal service.