Honored Contributor

Still two USPS packages missing

[ Edited ]

They are both from JTV.  Unfortunately one is 14K gold.  The first one a silver bracelet got lost somewhere past Knoxville, TN.  That was back on 12/10/20.   I don't think it ever got to any distribution center. The other was due the 24th.  Never got past a distribution center in my state.  JTV sent me a claim for me to sign and return.  I'm supposed to notify them by Jan 8th, if the other one does not show up.  Most probably I will have to get a claim for the other one.  This is for insurance to pay back JTV.  They will resend (if it's still available)  Odd coincidence they were both from JTV, a network I rarely buy from.  Out of 4 packages (all sent around the Dec 10th mark) when missing, 2 were found and delivered.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Still two USPS packages missing

I have had 3 bad experiences with USPS and 1 with fedex this month.  USPS issues resolved, but fedex item never showed up.  Ironically, the holiday season never caused these issues for me in the past.  All carriers do blame it on the pandemic this year.

I sympathize with you because this is just so frustrating.

Let us hope for a better year in 2021.

Respected Contributor

I just contacted JTV about a missing package today.  I am supposed to contact back by Jan 3 if I don't receive it.  Funny part is that it arrived in my state on December 24th.  Tracking says "arriving late" but no other information is given.  

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

I just contacted JTV about a missing package today.  I am supposed to contact back by Jan 3 if I don't receive it.  Funny part is that it arrived in my state on December 24th.  Tracking says "arriving late" but no other information is given.  

They will sent you a claim form for your signature.  Then you mail it back.  Kind of tedious. Given how many people buy form JTV, It's like half their inventory is floating around somewhere all over the country, never delivered.  With claim forms floating after them. 

Honored Contributor

I already got a refund from an Amazon order I never rec'd and I'm able to cancel/claim another item, if not rec'd by tomorrow.  Puts over $200 back in my pocket and these were actually purchases I wasn't wild about anyways.  So it worked in my favor.  They were both presents for Christmas.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@songbird   Thanks.  Here's hoping for the best.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I mailed a Christmas to a friend of mine on the 11th of this month, it has not arrived and no status available since the 18th.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I already got a refund from an Amazon order I never rec'd and I'm able to cancel/claim another item, if not rec'd by tomorrow.  Puts over $200 back in my pocket and these were actually purchases I wasn't wild about anyways.  So it worked in my favor.  They were both presents for Christmas.

That's the great thing about Amazon.  Very easy to recover your money if anything goes wrong.  Customer Service there the best there is (compared to other places).

Regular Contributor

Does the packaging say JTV? Kind of a give away that there's jewelry inside.

Trusted Contributor

My experience recently with the USPS !!  I mailed off my credit card monthly check on Dec. 4, 2020.  Three weeks later, I'm getting email from several businesses that I deal with that there is a problem with my card and they can't  (automatically) charge my account for the usual things like internet, cablet tv. etc.  So I contacted my credit card company and they said they never received my payment for the month of December so they cancelled my card !!!  Sure enough, when I checked my online banking, the check didn't clear the bank because they never got it. So I had to spend 4 hours on the phone, fixing that situation and it's all because my check was lost in the USPS mail !  No telling where my check is now !  I guess it's best to pay my bills online instead of writing checks these days...who knows !?!?!