Honored Contributor

Oh, that's super that you are getting reruns, @lulu1.   I love vintage TV of all eras, and I think I've spotted "Dan" in other series' too-- maybe even "The Fugitive", but definitely in other series...

Bochco seemed to have an eye for bringing interesting actors together, with spectacular results....

Respected Contributor

Re: Steven Bochco

[ Edited ]

@Oznellwrote:

Oh, that's super that you are getting reruns, @lulu1.   I love vintage TV of all eras, and I think I've spotted "Dan" in other series' too-- maybe even "The Fugitive", but definitely in other series...

Bochco seemed to have an eye for bringing interesting actors together, with spectacular results....

@Oznell

I remember seeing him in an old Criminal Minds. Last year he was Callen's father on NCIS LA.  He has aged well. 

I went to college with a cousin of his.  He was a few years older and was her Cousin Crush.

Valued Contributor
RIP and Godspeed Mr. Bochco - NYPD Blue was always "must watch" TV for me. Dennis Franz was brilliant and then there was my heartthrob Jimmy Smits . . . 'nuf said.
Valued Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2wrote:
RIP and Godspeed Mr. Bochco - NYPD Blue was always "must watch" TV for me. Dennis Franz was brilliant and then there was my heartthrob Jimmy Smits . . . 'nuf said.

Love Dennis Franz, on both NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues. Great acting.

Honored Contributor

Smits was always my fave lawyer on LA LAW.

Respected Contributor

He was a genius.   LA LAW, NYPD Blue.   Two of my all time favorites.

I didin't watch Hill Street.   I got behind and missed a lot of episodes the first year so just skipped it.  Later, when it was being shown again I tuned in 3 times to watch it and got the same episode all 3 times.   I gave up.   I may go back and binge watch it all this summer.  

David E. Kelly was one of his proteges and he does brilliant work too. The Practice, Boston Legal, Ally Mc Beal, Harry's Law!!!! and Big Little Lies.  He is amazing.

Goodbye Mr. Bochco.  You will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

Smits was always my fave lawyer on LA LAW.

Mine too, with Blair Underwood as a close second!!

Super Contributor

Re: Steven Bochco

[ Edited ]

I cried for the entire episode when Smith passed away. 

*Smits

Trusted Contributor

He did Cop Rock too years ago. Anyone remember that show??

Honored Contributor

May he RIP.   NYPD Blue is one of my all time favorite shows.  

There is a station on Verizon Fios, H&I, that runs NYPD Blue every day.  I dvr it every day.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.