Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that Steven Bochco has died of a rare form of leukemia.

He was behind many ground-breaking enterprises, but the gritty "Hill Street Blues" stands out to me.  Also a little-known effort, the innovative "Murder One",  with extraordinary actors Daniel Benzali, Patricia Clarkson, Anthony La Paglia.  It brought film noir to television.

RIP,  Steven Bochco

Honored Contributor

S.B.

Godspeed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Loved Hill Street Blues.  The theme song is my default phone ring.

Respected Contributor

Brilliant mind.  Hill Street Blues was the best.  RIP.

Respected Contributor

"Be careful out there."

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I never missed an episode of Hill Street Blues. I was sad to learn of his death this morning. “She’s fecund, Francis.” That was my favorite line...hysterical.

Honored Contributor

I had to watch every episode as well.  Such an interesting ensemble of actors, and the sultry Daniel J. Travanti/ Veronica Hamel romance...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznellwrote:

I had to watch every episode as well.  Such an interesting ensemble of actors, and the sultry Daniel J. Travanti/ Veronica Hamel romance...

"..had to be some of the best TV, ever. I may have been young but never missed Hill Street Blues"

There was NYPD, I never missed. Great TV, then.

. . .  

Producing any TV show(s) where I actually wouldn't move - - was something I almost ..(almost).. forgot!!!!  There were three, at least.

I thought what @Isobel Archer shared; her default phone ring, was so creative. 

Actually your age, at that time, wasn't something I ever thought about, but did know the actors / every storyline was/ were of articulate scope and carriage, even if I thought [ they ] were, or appeared to be older....... 

What superb creativity that came out of this man!

Honored Contributor

LA LAW,  it will remain one of my all time fave shows, way ahead of its time, fabulous ensemble cast. Rest in peace, Mr Bochco.

Respected Contributor

@Oznellwrote:

@Oznell

I watch reruns every afternoon at 3:00.  Presently we're almost finished with season 2.

This was one of the best casts ever.

Coincidentally Daniel J Travanti was the killer this morning on Perry Mason. (he was Dan Travanty then)

Steven Bochco was brilliant and gave us some of TV's best show.