Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stephen, Stephen, Stephen !

I've had a really busy day and I'm trying not to give to it in so my dvr is set but I'll try to stay up. Love Stephen !

Esteemed Contributor

Nice upbeat theme song. Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

YAY!!!  Cat Very Happy

Don't have a TV, but hopefully I'll be able to catch at least the first episode in full online, either at CBS, YouTube, or somewhere else.

Here's the link to his gonna-be-great new show:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/

btw, CBS has some FREE full episodes online of most of their shows.

They also have "CBS All Access", a monthly subscription service:

http://www.cbs.com/all-access/?intcid=CIAb4ac575

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @feline groovy,  my daughter is trying to convince us to ditch the tv, we have ditectv and hardly watch any of the channels.  

Honored Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

Yes, my dvr has been set for the new Stephen Colbert Show.  

Ohhhh .... I was wondering who this thread was about.   Thanks for identifying the subject!

Respected Contributor

Oh Stephen...,how I have missed you! Welcome back, I'm laughing my head off and eating oreos!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Hi @feline groovy,  my daughter is trying to convince us to ditch the tv, we have ditectv and hardly watch any of the channels.  

Hey MGM,

I'm TV-less because my 20+ year-old one kicked the bucket about 5 years ago, and I haven't been able to afford to replace it.

Obviously then, I don't have cable or Fios, LOL.

So I'm very thankful for my memberships at Hulu (the only one with current shows from most networks), Netflix, Crackle, and Amazon Prime.

All have movies too, plus great original series.

Since it seems like you could put your money towards what you actually wish to watch and enjoy, why not quit DirectTV and join one or more of the above?

Plus, Hulu just recently added a Showtime option.

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Hey MGM,

I'm TV-less because my 20+ year-old one kicked the bucket about 5 years ago, and I haven't been able to afford to replace it.

So I'm very thankful for my memberships at Hulu (the only one with current shows from most networks), Netflix, Crackle, and Amazon Prime.

Since it seems like you could put your money towards what you actually wish to watch and enjoy, why not quit DirectTV and join one or more of the above?

** @feline groovy

Thanks!  I just have to figure out if our favorite shows are are on any of the above.  We love PBS, CBS/NBC/MSNBC/AlJazeera for news, TCM, Oxygen for Snapped, shopping channels..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Hey MGM,

** @feline groovy

Thanks!  I just have to figure out if our favorite shows are are on any of the above.  We love PBS, CBS/NBC/MSNBC/AlJazeera for news, TCM, Oxygen for Snapped, shopping channels..

Smiley Happy

You can also check your favorite networks' website, as there might be some full episodes available online.

Also check their YouTube channel which you can subscribe to, most times for free.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @feline groovy!

psst..wait until you see the shtick on oreo cookies.  Woman LOL