Esteemed Contributor

Hi readers. His new book is out now. Details below. A crime story, not his usual horror stuff. Can't wait to read this one.... Book is called MR. MERCEDES. Storyline as follows .... In the gloomy pre-dawn hours of a distressed Midwestern city, hundreds of unemployed hopefuls are lined up for a job fair. Without warning, a merciless driver plows through the crowd in a roaring Mercedes. Eight people are killed; 15 are wounded. The killer escapes into the early-spring fog never to be seen from again. Until now... Detective Bill Hodges is a battle-hardened and streetwise crime fighter originally assigned to the Mercedes killings. Now retired, Hodges has lost his way in boredom and depression craving the thrills of taking down the region’s most notorious criminals. When a disturbing letter from the Mercedes Killer arrives at his door, Hodges soon finds himself uncontrollably drawn into a cat-n-mouse pursuit with stakes beyond comprehension. Mr. Mercedes is Stephen’s first “hard-boiled detective tale.” It will transport you into a vibrant and dangerous world filled with gritty characters living on the bleeding edge of reason. Be prepared, Mr. Mercedes is now available in Hardcover, eBook and Audiobook formats on June 3rd.

Frequent Contributor
Picked it from my library today! I can,t wait to get started.
Super Contributor
On 6/3/2014 Lilysmom said:

Mr. Mercedes is Stephen’s first “hard-boiled detective tale.”

What about The Colorado Kid?

Esteemed Contributor
USEDTOBE, come back and review for us! ENNUI1, never heard of THE COLORADO KID. Will check it out. LM
Frequent Contributor
Glad to, Lilysmom!
Frequent Contributor
Finished MR. MERCEDES this evening. I enjoyed (not sure if that is the right word!) the story and thought it was "leaner" stylistically than some of his others. The synopsis was posted above by the OP and I must say, King does a good job at getting into the minds of his killer. Definitely has a touch of noir which is not surprising since the book is dedicated to James M. Cain.
Esteemed Contributor
Thanks Usedtobe.
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/3/2014 Usedtobe said: Picked it from my library today! I can,t wait to get started.

I got it from the library today as well!

It sounds really good but I'm so overloaded with new books right now. I'll never get to all of them, but I'll give it my best shot.

I hope you enjoy it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor
I am almost finished with it and it is so good!
Super Contributor

I have a few down load of an audiobook. I think I will get this one!