Respected Contributor

Can anyone recommend one.  I had a Haan which was pretty good until it wasn't.  Replaced it with a Shark which was better than the Haan until it just stopped working after only less than 2 years.  No warning -- it just died.   Any suggestions? 

Valued Contributor
I have a Bissel Pet steam mop (19404) I got from Amazon. It does a great job. Tanks heats quickly and I can get through my whole kitchen on one tank. Also, the pads are washable.

Honored Contributor

I still like my Haan; however, I think the company is in trouble.  Seems there is never any stock of anything except extra pads.  I had a hose connection break and I ordered a new hose and some pads and they just sent me the pads and just said the hose was out of stock. Haven't found it in stock since.  I have to wonder if the original owners have died and the kids have run the company into to the ground.  Problems started before the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Can anyone recommend one.  I had a Haan which was pretty good until it wasn't.  Replaced it with a Shark which was better than the Haan until it just stopped working after only less than 2 years.  No warning -- it just died.   Any suggestions? 

same with my shark too,  

done with them

Honored Contributor

I bought a Light 'N' Easy Steam Mop after my last two Shark mops stopped working. 

The Light N Easy mop is just exactly that...light and easy. It's perfect for my medium sized kitchen and bath. Comes with a carpet glide, too. You just plug the thing in, no bells and whistles and it gives you hot steamy cleaning power. The pads are so easy to put on and take off plus you can buy generic ones which are a bit cheaper. I like to make the pad a little damp before using it on the mop and that way it does clean a whole lot better. I bought the mop from Amazon after reading the hundreds of good reviews for it there. 

Light 'N' Easy Steam Mop -  $60

Ultra Lightweight Steam Mop – light-n-easy

Honored Contributor

Funny--I just used my Bissell steam mop/vac yesterday--I bought it from HSN-----it is model15437---seems to work very well---but only used it once--used it on the small kitchen floor, the hallway to front door and will use it in both bathrooms this weekend. Came with alot of accessories too. Can refresh carpets too. 

Trusted Contributor

I love my Shark I have used for over 10 years now and going strong.  Love that I can wash the pads and buy replacements when needed.  No issues here.

Esteemed Contributor

Had 2 Sharke steam mops - they both died and weren't that old. Won't purchase Sharke again.

Now, I have an Oreck floor cleaner - I do both tile and wood flooring.

Honored Contributor

Bissel Model 1940.  Comes with two pads-and scent discs (which only smell nice while steaming-I do not bother with them.)

I bought extra pads, too.

The pads are washable.  

Use distlled water, not tap.

Also the cord is a tad short for my liking since I have to use it throughout the whole house but overall this little mop does very well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker 

I bought this one in February and love it! I had Kohl's cash and a coupon so the price was more reasonable than shown in this picture. Uses distilled water.

41999920-2C9C-4290-8EC5-A17ABD879A6D.png