Trusted Contributor

I know this might be a question for the kitchen forum, but I thought more people might see it in Community Chat.

I ordered the set of mini-Spurtles in the gray color, but I wondered if they would stain if used to stir spaghetti sauce? I have the larger silicone Spurtles in red, but ordered the gray as two sets will be gifts and I thought it would be a nice neutral color.

Thanks in advance.😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Spurtles....Do they stain?

I have not had any problems with mine. Silicone is suppose to be non-porous.

Honored Contributor

I bought a wooden set on Amazon, they are swirly dye and they have not stained

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I have had my wooden ones  for 3 yrs no staining at all.  Not even with pasta sauce 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Several full size silicone ones here.  Never ever a stain.  All merry neon colors.

Respected Contributor

Nope, no staining on the silicone set I bought. The silicone did peel off on 1 of them. That was my fault though, as I have a bad habit; I bang the spurtle on the edge of the pan and I damaged it. I may try the wooden ones as I love the spurtle design.  

Valued Contributor

My husband and I have the silicone set in red and no ours have not stained and I bake a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the multi-color silicone set and have had no staining on any of them. I hand wash them shortly after I use them, and everything, including grease and tomato based sauces wash right off. Wouldn't be without them!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have a wooden spurtle that I have had for a couple of years and it has not stained.  I have used it for many pasta sauces and it hasn't stained it yet. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

I have the wooden set too.  I use them all the time for stirring everything and have never had a staining problem.