Regular Contributor

Just wondering, why all the new Denim/Co choices today still have dark winter colors? The new color for spring is coral, where are the lighter colors? If I am buying something new I want the new colors.

Honored Contributor

I like when there is a variety of light & dark colors for everyone. 

While coral is the color of the year, It's not something everyone can wear.  I personally like dark jewel tones even for summer which I rarely see.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am appleblossom wrote:

Just wondering, why all the new Denim/Co choices today still have dark winter colors? The new color for spring is coral, where are the lighter colors? If I am buying something new I want the new colors.

Maybe because here on the east coast we're just starting with serious winter weather and have about 3 months to go before we can say spring is around the corner.

On the other hand I do realize not every one lives where the winters are cold so I can understand you might already have spring knocking at your door.

Super Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

While coral is the color of the year, It's not something everyone can wear.  I personally like dark jewel tones even for summer which I rarely see.

I agree with you 100% and vote for the entire 'Color Spectrum'! I never consider any color as seasonal.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9  I also prefer jewel tones, “muddy or muted shades” and optic white. I’m seeing a lot of off-white.

Respected Contributor

It'll change soon.  You'll see spring colors before you know it.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Received an email this morning from the Q regarding items on sale for D&C clothing.  It has many pages of sales items that are not just dark colors.  It is a mixture of all colors.  

As far as the color of the year goes, that may not be the color for everyone.  I for one like it, and do wear many things that are in this color line.....like "antique rose"......  But I do like jewel tones too.  So, there is a good variety of color available to those of us that like D&C.  

Right now I have enough new clothes that fit me, and am not really needing anything.  

There is a long D&C show going on right now.  Some very pretty colors.  

Honored Contributor

First, seasons aren't weather-specific. Regardless of what one's weather might be, winter just started. On top of that, this garment was probably ordered months ago and without any thought to either spring or Pantone's decree about the color of the year... One feels certain spring colors will arrive as spring actually gets closer...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Give them time, it's only early January and 3/4 of the country is in the middle of winter.  We're wearing our puffers, sweaters and boots and we won't think seriously about Spring for another month or more.  But, QVC did indeed have a collection of Coral items on the home page.  Most items were Spring-ish.  Also, this is clearance time.  

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

First, seasons aren't weather-specific. Regardless of what one's weather might be, winter just started. On top of that, this garment was probably ordered months ago and without any thought to either spring or Pantone's decree about the color of the year... One feels certain spring colors will arrive as spring actually gets closer...

I agree seasons are not weather specific, but color choices and styles are climate specific. Warm weather areas typically do not wear dark winter colors for the entire winter season. Heavy wools and coats in dark colors are either not worn at all or worn just around holiday time.

Resort collections are out now for good reason. Many people travel to warm climates after the holidays and those of us who live there year round like seeing color early too.