Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sponsors dropping The View

Just an off topic (OT) and an, for your information (f.y.i.) point,  some people shouldn't be nurses.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the big topic from the show on Monday would be the the tall girl calling Kim Davis ugly and Joy calling her out for doing so.

Honored Contributor

The world would be a better place if people could develop a sense of humor. Why must everyone be offended by everything.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

The View is no more or less offensive than all the talk shows on air.

The comment made by Joy is a non issue and GREAT publicity for the program.

p.s. I don't watch daytime tv unless it's a movie or news program.

@MyGirlsMom

Are you seriously saying this is a non-issue and GREAT publicity when the sponsors are pulling their funding?  Hmmm, how are they going to pay the electric bill?

Regular Contributor

Todays show with all the nurses was a sincere effort to turn lemons into lemonade and what Joy said was by far not the most offensive thing she's ever said. As for Michele she has made some really low blow remarks off the cuff - Joy's jokes are at least generally funny but I do agree that she became really mean spirited starting when Bush was President and I found way too many of her remarks really immature and embarrasing. I think the show is better off with only one sarcastic comedienne so they don't double down on their insults like they did Monday.

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

The View is no more or less offensive than all the talk shows on air.

The comment made by Joy is a non issue and GREAT publicity for the program.

p.s. I don't watch daytime tv unless it's a movie or news program.

@MyGirlsMom

Are you seriously saying this is a non-issue and GREAT publicity when the sponsors are pulling their funding?  Hmmm, how are they going to pay the electric bill?

@magicmoodz

Other sponsors. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

I think Whoopi's reaction to some of the stuff that Raven says is just priceless.  

Honored Contributor

esmeraldagooch wrote:

ABC doesn't need to do anything.  You are in control of your own viewing choices.

i just dont understand it either......i actually LIKE watching THE VIEW, but if i didnt, why would i wish it was off the air? there are so many options these days in what to watch. there are plenty of shows that i dont care for, but if others watch them why should i care or demand that they be taken off the air? vive la difference!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I've watched the show a few times but, in general, I'm either working or doing other things when it's on.  I can't imagine this kind of anger toward a show that so many say they have hated from the get-go.  If you've always hated it, why do you watch it?  I find a number of channels and shows not to my taste so I don't waste my time.  As for nurses somehow being offended, I think, as another poster stated, that too many people are looking to be offended these days.  Learn to ignore, learn to change the channel, learn that there is something for everyone out there and you won't agree with all of it.  Quite frankly, I doubt too many people actually boycott sponsors of a show because of a single comment.  Lawyers, teachers, and many other professions constantly have silly and sometimes rude comments made about them.  Why are nurses any different?  Shrug it off, move on, free yourself of the negative energy it takes to hate something, and be a healthier person.  I would think especially those in the medical community would know this.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

The world would be a better place if people could develop a sense of humor. Why must everyone be offended by everything.

BRAVO!