Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sponsors dropping The View

I didn't see the show in question, but I did see the MAJOR damage control being done this morning.  I think the hosts on The View feel they are above reproach; fortunately, the network and sponsors must feel differently.

I used to like Whoopi, but she has become a big blowhard.  I saw her defending Bill Cosby and basically telling her audience she doesn't give a ____ what they think and don't write her about it.  Well, I think she might have gotten a little a$$ chewing by top brass, because her demeanor seems to have softened since making those harsh statements.  

As for Joy, if this is the best The View can do on life support, they deserve to "shutter it down". She comes across as a loud, aggressive big mouth who seriously thinks she is much funnier than she really is.  

I found it amusing that they brought in ALL those nurses to honor and pay respect to the profession.  But clearly I felt Joy was paying homage because she had to, not because she really wanted to.   

Esteemed Contributor

The View is no more or less offensive than all the talk shows on air.

The comment made by Joy is a non issue and GREAT publicity for the program.

p.s. I don't watch daytime tv unless it's a movie or news program.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

When the dust settles, the fact remains that Miss Colorado got the last laugh with the $10K ED gave her for her grad school tuition.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@orangegarnet wrote:

While they're at it they can take The Real (another network) with them... don't bother Wendy Williams now.. 

I watched The Real for the first time yesterday.  I was like whaaaaat?  It was horrible.  I had no idea what happened to the WW show in our area.  It used to be on at 1:00 and that's what I thought I was tuning into when The Real came on.  Big thumbs down.

I just went to the WW website and see the show moved to a completely different channel and is now on at 3 p.m.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

I didn't see the show in question, but I did see the MAJOR damage control being done this morning.  I think the hosts on The View feel they are above reproach; fortunately, the network and sponsors must feel differently.

I used to like Whoopi, but she has become a big blowhard.  I saw her defending Bill Cosby and basically telling her audience she doesn't give a ____ what they think and don't write her about it.  Well, I think she might have gotten a little a$$ chewing by top brass, because her demeanor seems to have softened since making those harsh statements.  

As for Joy, if this is the best The View can do on life support, they deserve to "shutter it down". She comes across as a loud, aggressive big mouth who seriously thinks she is much funnier than she really is.  

I found it amusing that they brought in ALL those nurses to honor and pay respect to the profession.  But clearly I felt Joy was paying homage because she had to, not because she really wanted to.   

That's because you don't like her and are reading a lot into her intent that probably isn't there.

Super Contributor

Nothing but a bunch of cackling women talking over each other.  Never could watch it.

Honored Contributor

...because it's a bad show that people aren't watching or because Joy made joke about a stethescope????

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hell hath no fury like nurses scorned.  LOL

Super Contributor

Both. 

-HIF

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched the View in years but I do understand Johnson & Johnson dropping out-every year during Nurse's Week they run special commercials commemorating the jobs nurses do.

Joy has apologized, she seemed sincere from what I read. The other woman not so much.

I do understand why nurses would be so upset about the stethescope remark. For forever and a day their job has been denigrated while the doctors walk on water. Nurses know more about their patients than the doctors do and it will always be that way.

Just look here at the nit-picking that went on over how the contestant in question wore the stethescope!! She wore it in the manner that made HER comfortable. She doesn't have to follow the standards of what the general public (or other nurses) feel is correct.