Respected Contributor

Re: Speed Queen washer question?

I have a top of the line Speed Queen, digital of course. It's an ok  machine. You can definitely adjust water levels, do extra rinses, etc. it has all the features you would want.

For safety, you want your machine to stop when you lift the lid. 

What I do not like is that the default eco-mode won't allow me to do a warm wash. I have to fill it up on another mode with warm water, turn the machine off, switch to eco-mode. This may have something to do with our tankless water heater.

The eco-mode does not fill the machine with rinse water. It seems to spray the laundry on one of the spin cycles. The laundry seems clean, and I don't mind this because we need to conserve water in my area. 

when the machine is draining it pumps so hard and fast that our standard size drain pipes can't take it so sometimes it overflows somewhat. This is probably more a function of our plumbing than the machine, but the salesman did tell us of the lower price machines don't pump as hard.  I have to use as little detergent as possible which helps prevent overflows. 

Contributor

Thank you for all of the replies. I decided to go with the classic clean TC5003WN.

It is being delivered next week. Can't wait.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I have a top of the line Speed Queen, digital of course. It's an ok  machine. You can definitely adjust water levels, do extra rinses, etc. it has all the features you would want.

For safety, you want your machine to stop when you lift the lid. 

What I do not like is that the default eco-mode won't allow me to do a warm wash. I have to fill it up on another mode with warm water, turn the machine off, switch to eco-mode. This may have something to do with our tankless water heater.

The eco-mode does not fill the machine with rinse water. It seems to spray the laundry on one of the spin cycles. The laundry seems clean, and I don't mind this because we need to conserve water in my area. 

when the machine is draining it pumps so hard and fast that our standard size drain pipes can't take it so sometimes it overflows somewhat. This is probably more a function of our plumbing than the machine, but the salesman did tell us of the lower price machines don't pump as hard.  I have to use as little detergent as possible which helps prevent overflows. 

I have  been using the eco wash cycle for my mini wash of face coverings.  It seems perfect for that purpose as I don't need much water for that load and they seem to rinse fine.  I haven't tried using eco for anything else.  I might try it when washing one item in a mini wash.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35   That's great!  Can you tell me the name or model #  My Maytag front loader is getting on in years and I'm afraid it will go sooner rather than later.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if you can still buy this model.  I bought it just before they made a major change a few years ago.

Speed Queen AWN432SP113TW04

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 Thank you

Contributor

Delayed my delivery when I found out that there were only 2 water levels on the TC5003WN. What do you do if you have a small load?

Trying to figure out which way to go.

I like the agitator in the classic clean . It's like the one in my current (broken) washer.

Can anyone with the perfect clean washers give me their opinions on how they clean with the new agitator? Also, which model do you have?

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

As a single person, I need a lot of options for load sizes and like that I have mini, small, large and extra large.

The only large loads I have are sheets and towels.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN