Honored Contributor

Re: Speed Queen washer question?

[ Edited ]

I just asked a friend who has one for a couple of years now. She has digital and likes it very much, she said her sister has dials and likes it, so looks like a toss up reaction. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is digital and I have had no trouble with it so far.

Frequent Contributor

DIALS!!!

You can control the water level and if you need to do a second rinse, you can.    Anything with preset functions removes all options and any control you might still have.   

Did I say DIALS!  

Honored Contributor

@Kroppie wrote:

DIALS!!!

You can control the water level and if you need to do a second rinse, you can.    Anything with preset functions removes all options and any control you might still have.   

Did I say DIALS!  

@Kroppie 

i have a digital panel and i can control the water level and get second rinse if i wish by choosing most of the preset functions. there are functions to bypass the presets. my washer is going on three years old this year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Don't have a Speed Queen, but definitely on team Dials here!

My daughter bought a SQ a couple of years ago and hated it.  She said it did just an O.K. job on the clothes.  She sold it with her old dryer and bought a fancy-schmancy matching washer and dryer.  Personally, I think it just bugged her that the SQ didn't match her dryer.  

Respected Contributor

Only problem with speed queen is they are so small. I need to wash king size comforter now & then
Contributor

Thanks for all of the replies.

Still haven't decided yet, but need to soon.

Frequent Contributor

I have a Speed Queen Commercial Heavy Duty with Dials.  It has a very large capacity and does a great job in washing every.  It also has a Handwash/Gentle Cycle which is exactly what I was looking for for washing clothes and several other wash cycles.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:
Only problem with speed queen is they are so small. I need to wash king size comforter now & then

My Speed Queen washer and dryer is massive.  I put king bedspreads (not comforter) and it has room for more.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

One more question.

The classic clean dial washer has a different agitator than the perfect wash washer.

Opinions on either would be appreciated.

Thanks