Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

I look at it this way - if you speed, you are risking getting a huge ticket and lots of points.  For me, it's not worth it.  So I hit cruise control, kick back and enjoy the view  Smiley Happy

@Qshopper1991

As I read this part of your above post, it looked exactly like something I would have typed, and almost the exact same way that I drive.

This I know by using a very accurate timing device:

With cruise control being used, I can get my foot from the floor to the brake pedal faster than I can get it there from the accelerator pedal. A timed fact, speaking only for myself, no one else.

Some say using Cruise Control in traffic is dangerous. I say, "not for me". I have used it towing Race Cars thousands of miles on 2-lane highways/high speed Turnpikes, and in city traffic. And 62+ years of driving= not 1 accident. But ! 100% of my focus was/is on driving the vehicle, and I am in what I see as a pretty small minority of the drivers of today.

Now I gotta get that danged​ Cruise fixed on our SUV.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@gardenman

I live in NJ and I drive all of those roads, so I understand what you mean.

But to be honest with you, I stay the speed limit and I stay in the right lane.  People pass, but some people don't. 

I look at it this way - if you speed, you are risking getting a huge ticket and lots of points.  For me, it's not worth it.  So I hit cruise control, kick back and enjoy the view  Smiley Happy

You're braver than me. I was on 295 this morning and I was going about 70 the whole time. I passed one car, a dark red older model, and was passed by about a hundred cars going from the bottom end of 295 to the Mantua exit. It's about seventeen miles or so and there was a non-stop stream of cars passing me, some at a very high rate of speed. If I was going slower than 70, I might have become a speed bump. As it was some cars closed on me at an alarming rate.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut

I don't think it's dangerous at all.  I've been driving this way for years, too.  And same as you, no accidents  Smiley Very Happy