Honored Contributor

My Spectrum landline has a dial tone, but I can't make outgoing calls. I can receive calls,  have any of you had this experience ? I will call tomorrow, but I'm curious . TIA.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I briefly had that issue years ago and TWC had to do something at their end to fix the problem.  You don't have to wait until tomorrow though.  You can call now and ask for Technical Assistance.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

I briefly had that issue years ago and TWC had to do something at their end to fix the problem.  You don't have to wait until tomorrow though.  You can call now and ask for Technical Assistance.

@Deree , Thanks.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Yes I had similar issue but could make calls but not receive them. Came up on the TV. Friday it would ring once and did that off and on all weekend.

I kept the land line as not very expensive to my package like $20.  I called Sunday and the tech. came Monday.  Cbecked  everything  inside and outside.They do not use the old phone lines but rather only their  modem.  He took my main phone ,calling it the Mother phone and the so called Child phones work fine (axillary) ones. I have one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom .Everything works again. I did not realize it right away as get so few calls and do have a Cell.

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@Deree , I just called Spectrum, and they reset my modem, it worked ! Thanks again.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Spectrum Landline

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1  If it's not a general outage in the area it's almost always the modem.  You can often "reset" it yourself by unplugging the modem from your power source.  Leave it off for about 20 seconds then replug.  A lot of electronics issues can be resolved by doing this reboot.

If you find that your Spectrum modem constantly needs resetting you can tell them it's been a PITA and ask if they can give you a new modem.  I don't know if they've changed their policy but they should replace a faulty modem with a new one at no charge.  Of course make sure you ask about any charges.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

We use their landline service but have not had your problem.