Trusted Contributor

Status of mask wearing in your area

I found it very interesting to read about the various shortages and difficulties shopping for necessities that we all experienced during lockdown.  I'm curious how the mask wearing is going in different areas.  

In my area, NYC, everybody is wearing them.  I may go to the park and pull it off one ear, but that's about it.  I was in the store the other day, and one of my ear loops broke.  I can't describe how I felt.  Like a wind tunnel of virus rushing towards me, ha.

How is it going in your area?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Status of mask wearing in your area

[ Edited ]

At the moment 50/50 though I look for that to change and become mandatory. Our count is rising and though the state hasn't said anything the city I live in is considering.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our governor finally allowed local governments to make their own decision and most larger cities are mandating masks in public spaces when you can’t social distance. Also some counties. Pretty much everyone had one on last week at the store, much improved from before 👍

Honored Contributor

NC is wear a mask unless outside and away from others.

In resturants, masks when going to and leaving the table for any reason.

Honored Contributor

Since Wisconsin has not enacted mandatory masking, about half of the people I see in public are wearing them.  Only the local medical facilities are requiring masks for entry.

Honored Contributor

On the street where "social distancing" is easy, 50/50.  Required to enter stores, restaurants, etc.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm on Long Island and not everyone is wearing a mask.

They are wearing it in the stores (we have witnessed people being asked to leave if they don't have one), but many are not wearing a mask in other locations (parks, beaches, bbqs, etc.).

My family and I do venture out to the stores wearing masks, but that's about it.  A friend asked us to go to the beach today and I declined.  I'm too nervous about what I see going on everywhere.

Respected Contributor

In my area, it's 50/50.  The Governor of our state has not made it mandatory and it doesn't sound like he will.  When people are interviewed on TV about it they say it's their right if they don't want to wear one and they shouldn't be forced to.  I always where mine.

Respected Contributor

I went to the grocery store in my area this morning and I’d say about 95% of the people wore masks.   But it varies throughout our state.  Some areas I’ve heard aren’t wearing them so much. 

Honored Contributor

I'm still seeing quite a number of people not wearing masks. I have to assume they just don't care, I do not understand their thought process. But, nothing I can do about it. I only go out when necessary.