Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@nomless wrote:

No, fair food isn't healthy food and it doesn't claim to be.  It's meant to be fun, to be eaten occasionally, not as regular daily fare.   

Eating greasy deep-fried food is not my idea of fun.

Valued Contributor

I'm not a fan of the deep fried stuff.  Even the smell kind of makes me sick. 

I like the italian sausage sandwiches covered with onions and hot peppers.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

An elephant ear.  But I rarely if ever go to any kind of fair.  They just aren't for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is a popsicle.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but I've always wondered . . . what is a corn dog?

You haven't lived until you've had a county fair corn dog. LOL    Hot dog on a stick dunked in a batter with cornmeal and deep fried.

Funnel cake and gyros are usually what I look for.  Caramel apples as well.

Thanks debc, but I probably wouldn't eat one once since I don't eat hotdogs nor fried foods.  And the last fair I went to was in 1984, the NJ State Fair.  I didn't see any food, I only went because my beloved sister was riding her beloved appaloosa in the horse races (she did not win). 

I do like funnel cake and caramel apples though!  So thank you for your response!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

NYC street fair favorite...sausage and peppers with an ice cold lemonade

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Mine is a popsicle.

I don't think I've ever seen popsicles at a fair.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@debc wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but I've always wondered . . . what is a corn dog?

You haven't lived until you've had a county fair corn dog. LOL    Hot dog on a stick dunked in a batter with cornmeal and deep fried.

Funnel cake and gyros are usually what I look for.  Caramel apples as well.

Thanks debc, but I probably wouldn't eat one once since I don't eat hotdogs nor fried foods.  And the last fair I went to was in 1984, the NJ State Fair.  I didn't see any food, I only went because my beloved sister was riding her beloved appaloosa in the horse races (she did not win). 

I do like funnel cake and caramel apples though!  So thank you for your response!

I know people find them absolutely appalling, but I love them.  I thaw and put the frozen ones in the toaster oven.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I will admit to indulging in a corn dog and lemonade shake-up when I'm at a fair.  

No, corn dogs are not healthy. Yes, they are delicious and a very occasional treat. 

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I've never been to a fair, but our kids elementary school used to have a huge carnival every year.  Loved working that and we did the hot dogs, pretzels and pizza stands.

But fair food sounds quite like Boardwalk food--smells good--bad for you.  LOL.

I'm not too adventurous as I'm a vegetarian now, but I can't pass a fudge shop without stopping.