Frequent Contributor

Hello Everyone, I've had the same email address for over 15 years now and never got any spam emails until about 3 weeks ago. Now I am getting a lot every day. They are all claiming to be from different companies (CVS, Costco, etc). I never open them but the subject Line says I "won" some sort of "reward". Yea right! The thing I don't understand is why are these going to my inbox and not my junk folder. Has anyone else had a problem with getting a lot of spam emails? Does it ever stop?

Thank you for any advice. 

Valued Contributor

I also am getting lots of spam but it mostly goes to my spam folder.  If it comes into your inbox go to the icons above and click the "this is spam" and then it will go immediately into spam from here forward. Somehow it comes from sites you visit and don't know about it.  Some days I get more than 50 spam and it is annoying but I am more careful what sites I visit now.

Trusted Contributor

@Squirt60 wrote:

Hello Everyone, I've had the same email address for over 15 years now and never got any spam emails until about 3 weeks ago. Now I am getting a lot every day. They are all claiming to be from different companies (CVS, Costco, etc). I never open them but the subject Line says I "won" some sort of "reward". Yea right! The thing I don't understand is why are these going to my inbox and not my junk folder. Has anyone else had a problem with getting a lot of spam emails? Does it ever stop?

Thank you for any advice. 

@Squirt60    Yes...I had gotten many of these for a few months.  They always came to my junk mail.  I deleted  them.  I was sure I didn't win anything.  So..I no longer get them.    Prior to these....last year, I had numerous "questionable" sites send me adult content.  One day I had 115 emails!  After deleting everyday for about a week, they finally stopped.   As annoying as they were, they did finally stop.  Just don't open anything that looks questionable.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your reply. You can tell immediately that these are not real emails, the spelling is unbelievable.  I do a lot of shopping online so that is probably why all the emails I have been getting are related to different stores. 

Honored Contributor

Anything sketchy goes to my spam folder. If one does sneak into my in box, I can tell immediately that it is fake. Just check the sender's address, a dead giveaway. Plus the poor spelling and lousy English.

Honored Contributor

Fingers crossed, I hardly ever get them these days.

My previous ISP had been sbcglobal dot net, which was pretty good.  Then they got acquired by ATT and it upped it a bit, probably because ATT is such a bigger name.

When I dumped ATT, while I was still moving things to the new email addresses I suddenly started getting hundreds of them.  I learned that when you leave ATT they don't take it well.

My new ISP is a name that no longer exists, as they had bought up some smaller cable companies and then they changed their name.  Well, my email addresses are under the old name.  I hope that holds for a very long time.   I can't remember the last one I got.

But I am super careful.  I don't do social media.  My presence isn't out there at all, short of belonging to a few boards and paying my bills.

I really think it's horrible that something cannot be done (well, I'm sure it could, but it won't) about this sort of thing.  Between the spam emails, the phone calls (don't get me started there!), and people pounding on your door to sell you something, it is my biggest peeve.   I'm not asking for anything more than just being left alone.    If I haven't done business with you, you have no business at my door, on my phone, or in my email.  PERIOD

Esteemed Contributor

I think I would be interested to spot the bad guy.

Why not set different address for each shopping site?

For sure I would set all medical/financial site with a new address.