Respected Contributor

Southern Channel Broadcasting

Does the southern channel have different locations?  I've been tuning in from time to time and it appears that their Tampa programming is live.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Southern Channel Broadcasting

Are you referring to HSN?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pommom

Psssst.

It's ok.

You can say 'HSN'.

Giggle.

Honored Contributor

Who are you talking about?  You don't have to use secret code words...lol   Is it HSN or JTV you are referring to?

Respected Contributor

HSN broadcasts from Tampa/St. Petersburg (west coast), and JTV broadcasts from Tennessee.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I would expect HSN to broadcast live at least all day today -  they are on the west coast of Florida and hours north of the Keys and Miami where Irma is due to hit first.  Unless their studios are on the water, it's not likely they are in an evacuation area, so maybe they will stay on the air even tomorrow assuming they have electric power.

Respected Contributor

I was wondering the same thing about HSN.

By the way, for those that do not know, there was a time when forum rules prevented us from mentioning the names of other shopping channels.  HSN was the Southern Channel and what is now called Evine was the Northern Channel.  That was our "typing in code" way.

Honored Contributor

St. Petersburg is located in Evacuation Zone A and that zone has mandatory evacuations right now for all residents and people in mobile homes.  It includes the entire downtown area, coastal communities and barrier islands.

The St. Pete/Clearwater airport closed at 11:00 this morning and won't re-open until further notice.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Wow, I didn't realize they had mandatory evacuations that far NW.  Now I am wondering about HSN.   I can't imagine they would allow their employees to be put in jeopardy.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette

Yes

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown