Respected Contributor

...and not just with QVC, but they're doing the same thing.

They are doing a "refresh and redecorate" campaign, I noticed. Do they, or any other retailers, seem to understand that there are a lot of people out there who haven't had a paycheck in weeks/months or unemployent compensation; that a lot of people are going to foodbanks to feed their children and a lot of people can't make rent/house payments? What world do these people live in, anyway?

Where to these bozos think that anyone can sink a couple of hundred--much less a few thousand--dollars into "refresh and redecorate"?

Respected Contributor

Re: Sometimes I get irritated

Absolutely! Even if you still have a job no one knows what's coming shortly. 

Trusted Contributor

QVC is a business, they exist to make money. Doubtful if they're going to have any sympathy for anyone losing jobs. This needs saying occasionally, the hosts are not your friends, more than likely you will never meet them. They are there to sell, sell, sell. There are many other channels that don't ask for your money, you can change the channel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

then we can all vote with our checkbooks--take your business elsewhere (if yo have any, that is).

BTW, since QVC exists to make money -- as all businesses do -- they're not going to have much in the way of profits if they continue to ****** off shoppers.

Respected Contributor

And some of us are still working. Since I’m spending more time at home, I’m noticing household items that need replacing more than usual. I’m spending less on entertainment and clothes so I don’t mind a few new purchases for my home.

I’ve had the same tired dinette set in my kitchen for years that we avoid using because it’s so uncomfortable. I replaced it with a counter height table and 4 padded stools. Now my family is more comfortable to gather to play cards in the evening.
Regular Contributor

GoneButNotForgotten, hard to get blood out a turnup. In otherwords, empathy from some is not to be had. 

Some do understand your irritation.

Esteemed Contributor

They are trying to take advantage of the fact that many are stuck at home, looking around, and not liking their surroundings.  All the decorating things, casual clothes, garden stuff, and cooking items may appeal to customers who still have money to spend.  Those of us who don't, me included, should not be shopping anyway.  I have never heard the word, "Virus" come from any host or vendor.  It is like they dance around the subject, but never come out and say it.  I am sure that is what they were told - to never say, "virus," or "covid-19."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

No extra money to spend....why are you watching a shopping channel?

Regular Contributor

Really Jewel22? REALLY? Perhaps to pass the time stuck inside!

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

No extra money to spend....why are you watching a shopping channel?

I agree, don't get the comment the OP made about the Q  "*****people off."  It's a shopping channel, they are supposed to sell and they sell a variety of things. I buy some things from them and what's out of my price range I do not.