Esteemed Contributor

Debby.jpg

When you watch the News, they track the "eye" for you.  The eye is the 'hole' just to the top left of the arrow.

The actual storm and rainfall is covering the state of Florida which is 450 miles long!

Honored Contributor

My brother was supposed to fly to NY to meet for our family get together.  He could not get through.  SC was under warning.

Honored Contributor

Be safe everyone!   It is supposed to make it's way up the coast this weekend.  We are forecasted in New England for heavy rain and wind from it.  

Frequent Contributor

My little island off the coast of Florida received about 10 inches of rain from this storm, and it wasn't even hurricane strength when it went by.

Most of the roads on the island are underwater. Several lift stations for the sanitary management system were flooded, resulting in limited or no ability to flush. About half of the homes & businesses are without power. But no one died. No one was injured. And that's a "win". 

~Not new, never been banned. Every time I take a break I have to re-register for some reason~
Esteemed Contributor

Which Island are you on?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Which Island are you on?

One of the chain of islands that runs from Sarasota north to the mouth of Tampa Bay. 

~Not new, never been banned. Every time I take a break I have to re-register for some reason~
Esteemed Contributor

@TheWanderingOne wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

Which Island are you on?

One of the chain of islands that runs from Sarasota north to the mouth of Tampa Bay. 

Lucky you!  Have friends on Little Gasparilla and Anna Maria.

Respected Contributor

Debby is very, very slow moving.  She's barely moving!

The precipitation is expected to hit the New York metro area by Friday.  Tropical thunderstorms and downpours forecast here.