Trusted Contributor

Some Humor is Fine - Some is Not

[ Edited ]

Personally I'm not one for any kind of humor at a time like this but I guess I understand those people who find that it helps them cope better.  Maybe laughing takes their minds off of it.  Maybe it's nervous laughter.

However I just saw a post on FB by one of my FB friends.  The top section had a visual of a coffin being carried out with a caption about how Italy can't cremate the dead quickly enough.  The bottom section had a visual of a fluffy German "muppet" type puppet with big round eyes.

I was shocked and horrified.  In what world is this type of humor okay? Especially under the current (and past) circumstances?  Please be careful about the types of "jokes" you post. SMDH and just wanted to vent about it.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Then why would you further disseminate it, buy posting it here in such full detail?

There are joke threads here, but not dark jokes pertaining to the current virus.

Until you posted this one........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Deree   What was your friends response when you posted you were shocked and horrified? 

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Then why would you further disseminate it, buy posting it here in such full detail?

There are joke threads here, but not dark jokes pertaining to the current virus.

Because sometimes these things need to be exposed and in doing so hopefully will make the next person think twice about it.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

@Travone  She is not a personal friend.  Only a FB friend through playing a game.  There has been no response yet and since I see she has posted again since I doubt she will respond at all.  Her post is still up however.

Honored Contributor

@Deree- It's sick "humor", but I'm afraid there will always be people who think something like that is funny.  And, if you don't agree, they'll say "Lighten up"!

It won't be so funny, when it affects them or someone they love.  I also SMH.

Honored Contributor

Re: Some Humor is Fine

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom   I agree.  This isn't FB.  I thought from the title of the thread that I would see something light-hearted.

It should have stayed on FB and if the person didn't remove it, she can block her.

Not to mention how insensitive to many posters.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Deree- It's sick "humor", but I'm afraid there will always be people who think something like that is funny.  And, if you don't agree, they'll say "Lighten up"!

It won't be so funny, when it affects them or someone they love.  I also SMH.

I don't know how poking fun at horrific events like the Holocaust and what will be known as Italy's horrific death event is something to lighten up about.  I would expect this kind of humor from the lowliest and most racist and insensitive person.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Some Humor is Fine

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3  You can't win for losing but that's ok.  There is always a naysayer.

My family is Italian and Jewish.  I think pointing out things like this is oftentimes necessary.  Hopefully the more people it reaches the more people will think twice about what they say and do.  After all the thousands of people on this forum also post in FB too.

ETA:  I edited the title so it wouldn't be misconstrued.