Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1    I received an online order from Skechers about a week ago.  They also sent me two gifts...a tote bag and a deck of cards.  

I immediately opened up the deck and played solitaire for at least an hour.  What a timely gift!

Esteemed Contributor

@nomar wrote:

indoor kitty...you are not weird. I like holding cards and I like holding books and real newspapers.

Me too.  I missing playing euchre with our best friends.  I love to hold a book in my hand & I like to take them on vacation.  Right now, that's a pipe dream.  Rats!

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

@nomar wrote:

indoor kitty...you are not weird. I like holding cards and I like holding books and real newspapers.

Me too.  I missing playing euchre with our best friends.  I love to hold a book in my hand & I like to take them on vacation.  Right now, that's a pipe dream.  Rats!

@twinny70 

Euchre, that's a card game you dont hear much about....my grandfather played that game with a group every Friday night.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@twinny70 

Euchre, that's a card game you dont hear much about....my grandfather played that game with a group every Friday night.......

I think that it's mostly a Midwest card game, because whenever we are on vacation with friends and play it, most people haven't heard of it.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@twinny70 

I think that it's mostly a Midwest card game, because whenever we are on vacation with friends and play it, most people haven't heard of it.

@twinny70 

My grandfather lived in the Northeast.....he came to visit us and taught us grandkids how to play Euchre

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

It

@Spurt wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@twinny70 

@twinny70 

My grandfather lived in the Northeast.....he came to visit us and taught us grandkids how to play Euchre

Oops!  It's a fun game.  We taught our kids to play euchre many years ago and also our two dgs's when they were quite young.

Esteemed Contributor

I played Solitaire online last night, really enjoy it.  When I don't feel like watching anything on TV, am bored with everything else and it's too early to go to bed, I suddenly remember...Solitaire,and go for it.  Lindsay has become good at it and we play against one another to see who wins the most games.

This awful virus has to end eventually so we can get back to normal living.  Be safe, stay healthy. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I like Microsoft Solitaire that came installed on my computer.  I like how you can set it to various levels of difficulty.  You're really playing against the computer.  And I like when I win I get the little cards flying away, or exploding like fireworks, and sorting themselves into their respective suits.  I've been quite hooked on it at various times in the past.  Haven't played since last fall. I was getting "mouse" elbow. 

Respected Contributor

@Happy2BHere  Thanks for the info on the Arcade on HSN.  I was not aware of it.  I have been playing various Solitare games on my computer constantly since this stay at home situation.  I went to the Arcade when I read your post and started playing Candy Marjoghn (spelling).  Will be visiting that site often I think.

Respected Contributor

I love to play double pinochle.  Our famiy played at home when I was young.  When I retire, I'm going to the senior center.  They have a pinochle group there.  I think they also have Canasta.  That was my favorite game years ago.