Respected Contributor

Re: Solicitors overkill!!!...a vent

I would not like to see our fire department begging.  I don't wish to see them on a street corner holding out a boot either.  It's not what they are paid to do.  If they have spare time, they should be maintaining the equipment practicing drills, training, fire prevention visits to local businesses, and more.

The OP should speak to the city council or whatever government manages your area and discuss a "no soliciting" ban in your community.  What's happening to you is not right, just too much.  We have "no soliciting" and get only maybe 2 stops a year , from religious groups.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

I went out and bought bright neon green paper and I will make a sign today to put in my window near our door. I don't know what I should write. I need to look at your suggestions again so that they get the message!

@BabyYoda  I would mention in the notice that the police will be called if they persist.

Respected Contributor

I have a "no solicitors" sign in my window.  I just plain do not open the door if I'm not expecting you.  Not gonna happen.

Respected Contributor

Failure!!!!

I put my new Neon green homemade sign up yesterday afternoon by our front door which reads....

No Soliciting especially if you are "not selling anything"

No Tresspassing

Private Property

Police will be called if not followed

Well I got 2 people ringing my doorbell today which I did not answer. I guess people can't read. My security cameras go in this weekend.