Respected Contributor

Re: So tired of gloom and doom

I wonder how those who absolutely opposed a wall - or really any enforcement against illegal entry at the southern border feel knowing that over 300 Chinese have been apprehended crossing - and some have "flu-like" symptoms.  Who knows how may others there have been (and I am not picking on Chinese people - only mentioning them specifically because China is where this all started - actually by now anyone who has it could be coming here illegally hoping for treatment.)

Honored Contributor

As anyone with this virus can be totally asymptomatic, there's no telling how many people are out and about spreading it around.

And who is going to go get tested (when and if those tests are available) if they have no symptoms?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think we can all calm down now that we know that if you have a mild case of this virus, you can just rest or even go to work.

I'm sure many will have heard that and believe it true, trusting the source.  Incomprehensibly irresponsible.

Now they are tweeting that they did not say it. 

I just saw the video'd proof that it was indeed said.

Amazing

Who said it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I wonder how those who absolutely opposed a wall - or really any enforcement against illegal entry at the southern border feel knowing that over 300 Chinese have been apprehended crossing - and some have "flu-like" symptoms.  Who knows how may others there have been (and I am not picking on Chinese people - only mentioning them specifically because China is where this all started - actually by now anyone who has it could be coming here illegally hoping for treatment.)

Political anti immigrant hate propaganda.

Walls are, obviously, useless as long as ladders and tunnels exist. If someone really wants to get in your yard, they can get over your fence.

Chinese human traffiking is a horrible problem for humanitarian reasons. But they generally come by boat. Sometimes in shipping containers. There are people who actually care and combat this evil. And then there are those who just posture in order to create imaginary scapegoats to distract people so they can fleece them blind.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Gov. Bill Lee has announced the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in Tennessee. The patient tested positive for the virus Wednesday.

The patient, described as a 44-year-old man, is in Williamson County and is currently quarantined at home. The Tennessee Department of Health is working to determine to which states he traveled.

The health department said the patient has mild symptoms and sought care when he became slightly worse. Health officials said they're working on compiling a list of people that have come in contact with the family. They're also working to determine if he traveled through Nashville International Airport.

Health department officials said the man had limited contact after returning from out of state. He isolated himself at his home when he began to feel sick.

I really have no idea how they "compile this list."  I am not sick, but let's say tomorrow I suddenly have symptoms and then test positive.

Today I was at a lunchon with over 150 people.  I circulated and talked with probably 50 and was close to many others.  Yesterday I played bridge with over 100 people.  The day before I was at a donor dinner with over 50 people.  That's just the last 3 days and none of these people are the same and I don't know the names of all of them.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Political anti imigrant hate propaganda.

Yes I'm sure you opposed stopping flights in from Wuhan at the beginning of the virus as well.  It's the same principle.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Porcelain:  

I'm still 'irked' by folks who walk around, coughing.  

Happened again in a nearby nationwide pharmacy.  

I'm wondering if some folks 'do it on purpose'.  

Btw, I'm just right this minute wondering why pharmacies don't have sanitizing wipes at their door entrances.

Supermarkets, yes.  But, not, 'of all places', pharmacies (around here).

Why not try the drive through instead f going in.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for further comments due to the baiting and political responses.