Honored Contributor

All of a sudden I'm getting emails and even voicemail from "Amazon service"   I don't even belong to Amazon so I'm assuming scam.  Anyone else getting unwarranted contacts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon scam???

[ Edited ]

It's obviously a scam so don't waste time or brain cells on them.  It's like the calls I get to call and make arrangements to pick up my student loan check.  It takes me 3 seconds to delete the call and block the number.  Until they call again a few days later.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon scam???

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

All of a sudden I'm getting emails and even voicemail from "Amazon service"   I don't even belong to Amazon so I'm assuming scam.  Anyone else getting unwarranted contacts?

Please take a screenshot of the emails and then delete. Forward emails to Amazon. Look here to see how to do this. They have a department for this. Check their website. They want to put a stop to this but can't unless people let them know.

"Report Suspicious E-mails, Phone Calls, or Webpages

We take phishing and spoofing attempts on our customers very seriously. If you receive a correspondence that you think may not be from Amazon, please report it to us by sending the e-mail or webpage to stop-spoofing@amazon.com.

To report a phishing or spoofed e-mail or webpage:
  1. Open a new e-mail and attach the e-mail you suspect is fake.

For suspicious webpages, simply copy & paste the link into the email body.

If you can't send the e-mail as an attachment, you can forward it.

2. Send the e-mail to stop-spoofing@amazon.com

Note: Sending this suspicious e-mail as an attachment is the best way for us to track it.

Note: Amazon can't respond personally when you report a suspicious correspondence to stop-spoofing@amazon.com, but you may receive an automatic confirmation. If you have security concerns about your account, please contact us using the Contact Usbutton.

To report a phishing phone call:

1. Visit www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/report-phishing.html and fill out as much information as you can.

Note:The form will not provide a phone call option in the subject dropdown, but the form can still be used to report suspicious phone calls to Amazon."

Above is quoted from Amazon. I hope I'm allowed to post this here. If not, I'll gladly remove it. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @chrystaltree,@Mindy D   both for confirming my judgement and Mindy for the procedure so I can notify Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops    Sorry but I don't see how getting junk email makes it a scam.  A scam consists of bilking you out of money through some scheme.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've been getting these messages since before Christmas.  I hate these scammers.  Can you just imagine the good they could do with their cyber skills????  So annoying!

Respected Contributor

The IRS and newer your electric company saying you owe money. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops    Sorry but I don't see how getting junk email makes it a scam.  A scam consists of bilking you out of money through some scheme.

What makes it a scam - first time I got one it had a link and I opened it. Once you do it says there is a problem with something you ordered and then they begin to phish for personal info.  Not until I got to that page did I realize it bc it looked so real.  I never had a problem bc I never entered anything and I won't on any site unless I specifically visited the site first as opposed to getting "cold" emails.  

Esteemed Contributor

Makes you sick doesn't it?  Can't answer your phone can't answer your door can't open emails. Why can't this stuff be stopped?  Morons calling about arresting me,my Social Security number is cancelled because of fraud and other such BS.Creeps at my door selling me "energy credits".  Fed up with it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.

In the past I used to get emails from "Amazon" when I never signed up.

Companies will never email or call u on the phone. You would get a letter in the mail - and if u do --- call the phone number u have for that company (not the phone number the SCAMMER gives u).