Honored Contributor

So, it was 'the Queen's Weather'

[ Edited ]

This post is for those who relish "signs" and delight when phenomena are open to interpretation.  I had two previous posts on signs: rainbows appearing after the Queen's death had been announced.

Some additional news on rainbows, signs and the Royal Family has me in a happy tizzy.  My jaw dropped when I read about William and Kate seeing five rainbows in Balmoral while they were grieving the loss of the Queen.  As William said, there are hardly ever rainbows in Scotland.  They interpreted the rainbows as a sign from Queen Elizabeth. 

Rainbow over Loch Muick at the Balmoral estate

Rainbow over Loch Muick at the Balmoral estate© iweta0077/Shutterstock

When we posted on this forum our impressions of the Queen's funeral, one of the things I included that took my notice was the uncharacteristically dry weather for England.  I paused to appreciate the clear day.  Had it rained, how would that pageant/ceremony have been enacted?    

Well, apparently the English have a phrase for clear weather that shows up when truly desired: sunny weather is sometimes referred to as "the Queen's weather."

Here is a link to what I read:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/william-and-catherine-credit-a-weather-phenomenon-as-a-message-...

Honored Contributor

Re: So, it was 'the Queen's Weather'

Rainbows have appeared at auspicious times in my life.  What to make of it will be interpreted by the observer....and will differ depending upon the individual.  At the least, it is a beautiful sight.

Respected Contributor

Lovely picture and lovely post, golding. 

From my days studying Latin, the rainbow (in the Roman epic poem, "The Aeneid") is a goddess, Iris, who comes down in pity to take the soul of the suffering and dying Carthage queen, Dido. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Burnsite, for giving me/us a greater understanding of a rainbow's appearance.  The sign becomes even more meaningful.  Much appreciated.

I studied Latin but missed or forgot that lovely lesson.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a "God's" creation.  How great is that?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset It sure is, He created it as a covenant sign  to man, to never again flood the Earth. 

Super Contributor

I also believe in signs from heaven.  I was gifted one today.........I went out for lunch before shopping, and as I sat at my table by myself, listening to happy conversation around me, I remembered today was 9/23 and that my husbands date of death is in a few days, 12 years ago.  I took my lunch to-go because I wasn't hungry anymore. 

When I got home, I walked into the bedroom and noticed a shiny penny, heads up, directly in my path?  I'm still struck by that to think that maybe my dear Don knew I needed a sign to cheer me.

So yes, the beautiful rainbows continued to appear after the Queens death and comfort those who needed a sign.