Respected Contributor

I have received 10 spoofed phone calls to my landline and I have not answered my phone because not one name or number do I recognize and of course they don't leave a message because they just want to scam. These idiots don't stop do they?  Just had to vent. It's a beautiful day the sun is shinning and  temp in the 60's. These people need to find a decent job right?  Everyone have a wonderful remainder of your day I know I will Woman LOLWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    They do the same thing on my landline constantly!  If I don't answer though my answering machine fills up.  I can always tell whenever I answer and here this little single BEEP sound that it's gonna be one of those calls.  It's enough to drive ya crazy! 🤪 

Honored Contributor

If its a cell phone there are apps you can download

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I get them too. They rarely leave a message. I remember once shortly after my husband died, it was a very foreign voice telling me they were from the IRS and were going to arrest my husband if he didn't return their calls. I wanted to call them back so bad and tell them to PLEASE do that and I will gladly bail him out of jail! If only I could have! These people definitely need better things to do.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes- Same thing on my landline.  I'm in So. Cal. and it's raining again and chilly.  Have a nice day.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes @cheriere @I am still oxox 

Last September we started getting several calls every day from different tel. #'s from SC: no messages left.

Finally got someone from Verizon and we were able to set up a Fios  Nomorobo call app for our land line.  In essence, each night I went into the app and for each of our landlines I was able to check " block " calls from each new SC call.  

What a relief.  Incidentally, there is a parallel Nomorobo call app for their cellphones.  Haven't needed it yet but I will not hesitate to install it.

There is no charge for the landline app usage or download.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

In New Jersey today,

Mimi Gif: just another rainy day... | Good morning rainy day, Rainy day  images, Rainy good morning

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Goodie2shoes @cheriere @I am still oxox 

Last September we started getting several calls every day from different tel. #'s from SC: no messages left.

Finally got someone from Verizon and we were able to set up a Fios  Nomorobo call app for our land line.  In essence, each night I went into the app and for each of our landlines I was able to check " block " calls from each new SC call.  

What a relief.  Incidentally, there is a parallel Nomorobo call app for their cellphones.  Haven't needed it yet but I will not hesitate to install it.

There is no charge for the landline app usage or download.

Wow, I hadn't heard of this for landline use.  I'm so glad to know there's something that can be done though.  I copied your post so I wouldn't forget the name of it.  Thank you 😊❤️

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox The OP stated it's her landline.

Honored Contributor

I have a landlines and almost never get solicitations, maybe 2 or 3 calls a month.  I never answer calls I don't recognize and don't use an answering machine so nobody knows it's a working number.  Apparently I'm not on the lists they circulate and exchange.

I've never missed an important call.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment