John McCain1.jpg

John McCain2.jpg

Respected Contributor

John McCain3.jpg

John McCain4.jpg

John McCain5.jpg

John McCain6.jpg

Honored Contributor

Am@KatieB.......thanks so much for posting these pictures.  Yes, it is very sad.  What a meaningful send off.  This is what John McCain wanted.  

Am sure they are all very exhausted.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is a heartbreak when our loved ones (pets included) transition.  Even if we have a strong spiritual base, our loss is great.  I understand that birth is a death, and death is a birth and this understanding (even though I still feel a despairing sadness) has helped me through some challenging transitions.  My heart goes out to everyone who is in the midst of this journey. 

Honored Contributor

She certainly looked lovely . A Madonna in grief

Honored Contributor

Her pain is palpable. Going through the last week in the public eye would have been impossible for me.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, KatieB, for posting these pictures.  I have followed the ceremonies this week.  I understand how the family wanted privacy at this ceremony but would have loved to see it.   I am glad the weather was good for them.  This whole week of ceremonies has been better than any ceremonies for Presidents that  I remember.  Well done!  Rest in Peace, John McCain.

Honored Contributor

How many young soldiers are coming home every day in a flag draped coffin leaving behind young widows and small children to struggle emotionally and financially ?

Honored Contributor

May the McCain family find strength in their faith, may the pain of grief in time subside, may they reach peace of mind and fill the void in their hearts with wonderful memories to cherish and bring a smile to their faces.  God bless the McCain family for a very touching dignified funeral. It certainly reflects upon the value system of a  patriot and hero, husband and father.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

How many young soldiers are coming home every day in a flag draped coffin leaving behind young widows and small children to struggle emotionally and financially ?

Too many.