Honored Contributor

Re: So Over Celebrities in General....

Yes, we do have a celebrity focused society.  That's not about to change anytime soon so you just have ignore the celebrity junk.  

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia 

The celebrities have a microphone - and the average American doesn't. They're also told what to say and how to behave - they're controlled.

@kivah 

That's what disturbs me the most....that the celebrities get a chance to voice their opinion and have that influence on people, but the average American does not.  What happens then is a bunch of misinformed "fans" who follow their favorite celebs beliefs blindly and this can have a negative impact on society.....sadly there are too many pied pipers and blind followers...to me thats a formula for disaster...

@Spurt, yes, I'm also concerned by the Pied Piper effect, but I don't see it coming from celebrities.

I've never once heard anyone cite a celebrity as a source for their opinion on issues.

If celebs do indeed influence the "misinformed," it pales in consideration of other Pied Pipers.

Are we forgetting one important thing?  Celebrities, like the rest of us, get one vote per person.  Problem is, a lot of people choose not to vote at all,  then complain if the results are not to their liking or blaming celebrities for influencing the electorate.  Something's wrong here.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

I totally avoid anything having to do with a celebrity.  I have less than zero interest in  their lives, what they eat, drink, think,  where they live, whom they hang out with, what they wear, where they travel blah blah blah.  They are totally irrelevant in my life and I am glad for that.    

SAME HERE. Celebrities are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT in my world also. Actors and actresses are BORING and NARCISSITIC. Their political views and what they have, etc. mean NOTHING to me. DITTO for the ROYALS.

@manhattan1950   @IamDoodles 

LOL .....   Well, if they are so meaningless to you,  then why is so much effort necessary to (presumably)  avoid them?   

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia 

The celebrities have a microphone - and the average American doesn't. They're also told what to say and how to behave - they're controlled.

@kivah 

???   Controlled by who, exactly ..... ??

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia 

@kivah 

???   Controlled by who, exactly ..... ??

@Tinkrbl44, I was wondering about that, too. I doubt that anyone controls what they say or do except maybe when it relates directly to their work.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

I totally avoid anything having to do with a celebrity.  I have less than zero interest in  their lives, what they eat, drink, think,  where they live, whom they hang out with, what they wear, where they travel blah blah blah.  They are totally irrelevant in my life and I am glad for that.    

SAME HERE. Celebrities are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT in my world also. Actors and actresses are BORING and NARCISSITIC. Their political views and what they have, etc. mean NOTHING to me. DITTO for the ROYALS.

LOL .....   Well, if they are so meaningless to you,  then why is so much effort necessary to (presumably)  avoid them?   

SO much effort to avoid them? LOL!!! It DOESN'T take ANY effort to on MY part to avoid them.

Trusted Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

SO much effort to avoid them? LOL!!! It DOESN'T take ANY effort to on MY part to avoid them.

I agree with Manhattan 1950.  It takes zero effort to avoid them.  where in my post does it state that it takes effort to do so?