Honored Contributor

Re: So Is Christmas in July finally OVER?

@gidgetghMaybe quick presentations would work for some.  For my kind of buying, the repeats are a good idea.  Last weekend when Perricone was the TSV, I watched parts of several presentations, but it wasn't until the final presentation that I finally decided and spent my money.

I know I'm not alone because very frequently on the third or fourth or even later presentations, I hear various hosts tell how many thousands they've sold during that hour.  I've occesionally seen HSN start a quick succession of [products -  and I turn immediately to someother channel.  I just don't do impulse buying as I once did.

Will I watch today's TSV presentations?  Nope -  because I am not in the market for any Fitbit products and I no longer shop just in case, not here or anywhere else.   Would they sell me something if they used 3 of those 6 hours for different products?  I do need milk and eggs and veggies, but they're not much shopping channel staples.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I'm one of the odd men out, but I enjoy the CIJ shows. I have been sick for 10 days, so just took it easy yesterday and watched all day. I'm very proud of myself for not buying (so far). LOL

merry christmas sparkle w dog.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me anymore because I simply avoid that channel for however long they are doing it.  I never, ever watch their Christmas shows, not for even one minute.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I'm one of the odd men out, but I enjoy the CIJ shows. I have been sick for 10 days, so just took it easy yesterday and watched all day. I'm very proud of myself for not buying (so far). LOL

merry christmas sparkle w dog.gif

@pattypeep  Hope you are on the mend. That is a long time to be sick!  If CIJ gave you joy, than that is a good thing!

Frequent Contributor

I have enough Christmas decorations for three houses!  Not interested in watching CIJ anymore.  I'm enjoying the pool, grilling outside and other summer fun activities.  I don't want to think of snow or Christmas this month.

Honored Contributor

Twopeas - Hope you're feeling better!  Heart

I don't watch the CIJ stuff but, yeah, it's not EVEN over.  hehe - like somebody else said it won't be over until late Dec.  (actually to whatever date they choose as the last date by which they can ship for holiday arrival-which doesn't always work out but that's a whole other deal)  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

It's only just begun....

Honored Contributor

Christmas in July leads to Christmas in August leads to Christmas in September, leads to Christmas in October, leads to Christmas in November and leads to Christmas in December.  It never ends from July through December.  b.o.r.i.n.g.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden@chickenbutt   Thank you so much for your kind wishes. I am finally getting better. Two trips to the ER and five prescriptions !! I'm rarely sick and don't make a very good patient. Smiley Sad

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I noticed in the menu a lot of the CIJ on the Q went right over to Q2. Want to make sure not one soul misses it.