Respected Contributor

Re: So Glad St. Patty’s Day Programming is Back in a Bigger Way Again This Year

@newname0 wrote:

I miss the Irish music, Irish dancing, the Irish cafe scene, and the liveliness of previous St. Patrick Days on QVC.  They have so cut down on this showing.  I miss that funny Walsh guy with his hat but I went to the Q store and found his dvd on Ireland which I ordered.  QVC even forgot this:

green logo.png

@newname0 If you are on Facebook (and maybe even if not, maybe they also have it on their website)...today Longwood Gardens posted a trio playing their original Irish music...it was beautiful. The video will be up on their FB page. 

Valued Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

St. Paddy's or St Patrick's .... never "Patty" Smiley Very Happy

Lol...well, as I said, I have not an ounce of Irish in me (I always thought it was just short for Patrick, so it'd be a t, but I've seen Paddy's also), just wasn't thinking...duly noted and corrected! 😂 ☘️

-----

Irish is Pádraig.

Valued Contributor

Re: So Glad St. Paddy’s Day Programming is Back in a Bigger Way Again This Year

Wish the Q could hurry up & fix the ITEMS RECENTLY ON AIR. I enjoyed the programs and might purchase if I could review. Frustrating.
Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

Lol...well, as I said, I have not an ounce of Irish in me (I always thought it was just short for Patrick, so it'd be a t, but I've seen Paddy's also), just wasn't thinking...duly noted and corrected! 😂 ☘️

@amyb   Yes, either St. Patrick's Day or St. PADDY's Day as Padraig is Gaelic for Patrick.  Gaelic is the official language of Ireland.

I also enjoy the Irish celebrations.  It is most enjoyable to see the Ashford Castle set.  I love those Irish Wolfhounds!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

@amyb   Yes, either St. Patrick's Day or St. PADDY's Day as Padraig is Gaelic for Patrick.  Gaelic is the official language of Ireland.

I also enjoy the Irish celebrations.  It is most enjoyable to see the Ashford Castle set.  I love those Irish Wolfhounds!

---

The Irish language is commonly called "Irish." Irish  is Ireland's official language; it is a Gaelic language, having come from the language of the Gaels. Scottish is also a Gaelic language.

Irish (as is Welsh) may be in danger of becoming an extinct language. Not many are fluent and speak it regularly. I have great respect for those endeavouring to keep it alive in their country.

--edited spelling