Trusted Contributor

Re: So Few Funny or Interesting Things Allowed Here

I haven't been on much the past 4-6 weeks. I found it was not that much fun anymore for me. I use to come on here to unwind, chit chat, etc but I found there are several posters on here who pounce on people and it just sacked the joy out of it on me. I hope on every few days to see if there is anything worth commenting. There are always bad apples who spoil fun for the rest of us. Have a gr at day!
Respected Contributor

Depends on your sense of humor, if you reviewed the guidelines, and if you decide to follow them or not.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@stevieb in the thread about the car accident there were a couple posters rather persistent for a link to the OP's story and one even stated that she probably got it from someone's facebook.  Was that rude? I thought so and no I didn't hit report but obviously someone did.  Then, someone googled the story and posted it but it revealed the OP's location.  Why must some badger an OP for a link when it's a no brainer that it's going to contain information pertaining to their location.  

I agree if it had been someone who never revealed their location, but she tells us time and time again where she lives.

I'm not sure exactly what you all are talking about because I didn't see the post but there is a big difference between someone saying they live in say Florida and someone saying they live in Sarasota, Florida.    

@Lipstickdiva@proudlyfromNJShe clearly said where she was building her house back when that saga was ongoing.  And not just the state.

If she was that upset, then why did she specify the city where summers are spent?  On the same day, no less.

She has also specified that location for numerous years.

It's not like anybody knows her name; that would be a violation of her privacy.

If the OP really cared about her privacy, she never would have let on where both her winter home and summer camp were located.

You can't give out info and then cry "foul".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Funny?? I think so. I don't think my  idea for an interesting thread would  last  very long.surprise.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@stevieb in the thread about the car accident there were a couple posters rather persistent for a link to the OP's story and one even stated that she probably got it from someone's facebook.  Was that rude? I thought so and no I didn't hit report but obviously someone did.  Then, someone googled the story and posted it but it revealed the OP's location.  Why must some badger an OP for a link when it's a no brainer that it's going to contain information pertaining to their location.  

I agree if it had been someone who never revealed their location, but she tells us time and time again where she lives.

I'm not sure exactly what you all are talking about because I didn't see the post but there is a big difference between someone saying they live in say Florida and someone saying they live in Sarasota, Florida.    

@Lipstickdiva@proudlyfromNJShe clearly said where she was building her house back when that saga was ongoing.  And not just the state.

If she was that upset, then why did she specify the city where summers are spent?  On the same day, no less.

She has also specified that location for numerous years.

It's not like anybody knows her name; that would be a violation of her privacy.

If the OP really cared about her privacy, she never would have let on where both her winter home and summer camp were located.

You can't give out info and then cry "foul".

100% CORRECT!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

"...There's a problem in that many people choose not to start threads.   Many reasons for that, one being that posters tire of being attacked, mocked, ridiculed, questioned for "hidden agendas," and threads that veer from the intended topic and become yet another personal vendetta/grudge match among a few people...." 

It is difficult to have an opinion that differs especially if you are the minority....I think very carefully about what I say since I have no desire to enter a discussion, opinionated or not, and end up a target.....  

Honored Contributor

Another interesting thread was just closed, SMH!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

You could all come to debatepolitics.com where we have a great time with all sorts of interesting topics.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

And now we can add the precipitous closure of the pseudo-royal wedding thread to the growing list of casualties by the heavy hand...

Woman Frustrated

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I can not believe the wedding thread was closed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.