Honored Contributor

Snow in our forecast

[ Edited ]

it was very cold here.  Highs in the low 30'sF but with a terrible wind.  Made things worse. I couldn't even go out to get the mail.  Just too cold!  I looked at the forecast and was surprised to see snow...a lot of it.  Starting Sunday afternoon though Monday night.  It said 6.9" on Sunday with a high of 32F.  So it'll stay snow.  Then 5.4" and a high of  33F on monday by noon.  So that's not good.  Might be ice.  Whatever, it is ....it'll be a mess.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snow in our forecast

[ Edited ]

my thermometer says 15 degrees.......with wind....feel like temp is 1.............

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband just came inside. He was chasing trash cans and lids. My neighbors cans were almost in the street.

The wind blew down a bird feeder. And the birds were hanging on the other feeders as the wind were blowing them around. So my husband put the bird seed on the ground. He figured they wouldn't have to fight the wind.

The last report I saw it said from 6 inches of snow. And the next 3 nights will be 16 - 20 degrees BRRR!

Had to laugh a girlfriend said we won't get any snow because her husband bought a snow blower today. Not so sure that she is right on this one.

PS OH MY! They are now saying 9 inches of snow.

PSS - Now they are saying 11 inches of snow.

PSSS - Are your kidding? Just read the latest weather report they are talking up to 18 inches of snow.

Esteemed Contributor

I know @drizzellla is from my area.  Are you on the East Coast @songbird?

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird  SE Pennsylvania here. Very cold and windy. I had to line up for my first dose of the vaccine yesterday. Glad to do it., but so cold! Looking forward to our first snow storm of the new year! Temp right now is 19 degrees and plummeting. Had 20-30 mph gusts today. The severe cold and especially the snow will be good for the ground for the gardeners. Plus, I'm looking forward to making chicken stew.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I know @drizzellla is from my area.  Are you on the East Coast @songbird?

Yep. Most of damage will be Sunday.  Temps that day will stay at 32F  It'lll be critical for Monday.  If it move over 32F we might get freezing rain/ice.  It could change, don't know. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Accumulating snow expected here in Ct. Monday & Tuesday so I got out to the grocery store early yesterday morning knowing it'll be jammed today & tomorrow with those afraid of being snowed in for several days. It was so bitterly cold & windy my ears & hands (no pockets) froze just going from my car to the store doors. 

Coming back out was no better and geez I wish they'd spread the cart corrals out more so you don't have to trudge through the parking lot to get to the closest one. Didn't want to leave it just sitting in front of my car in that wind. 

An employee last winter told me the snow plowers one year moved them down towards one end of the lot to do a good plow job and so that's where they've stayed. I never knew till then that they are even moveable. Well cripes the cart gatherers have all the rest of the year to spread them out more but don't. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our local weather people are not forecasting inches yet but they state they are monitoring and it could be a good one!!  For us in southern NE it's Monday night into Tuesday.