Honored Contributor

I scheduled my vaccine for next week.  I was very surprised it was so early.  I thought I would have to wait till spring.  Evidently, there are two brands of vaccines (pharmaceutical cos.).  There will be a second shot that is given about 21 days after the first shot.  Anyone else have their shot or scheduled an appt.?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Scheduled my COVID vaccine

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 My husband and I had our first COVID shot last Saturday. We have our second appointment already scheduled for the middle of February. The Pfizer shot was available in our area. We are seasonal residents of Florida.

Honored Contributor

We're February 5th.  Hope we can all be about finished by summer's end!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Had my first dose on 1/27.

Respected Contributor

One of my close shopping mall's (only place convenient for me, so far) has had a couple of immunization clinics. I keep missing the sign up. Guess I'm not dedicated enough to checking the website constantly.

But, I was watching it play out on the news and I'm glad I missed the last one. There was a line of people standing for reportedly hours, almost as long as the darn mall. How risky can you get.

I don't understand that, since it's by appointment only.  Why would they be stacking up like that? Maybe not enough to administer the shots that day? It's unacceptable. 

Honored Contributor

We got ours yesterday through a scheduled phone appt. with the local health dept.  It was by the grace of God and just plain dumb luck that I got through on the phone line.  UP of Mich.

Respected Contributor

We got our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this past Monday by appointment at a drive through.  It was very efficiently run. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine on January 27.  We were on a waiting list at a small nearby pharmacy and he called Tuesday to schedule our appointments.  I choose 9am on Wednesday and we were the only ones there.  We now have cards that say our second shot is February 24.  Shots in Louisiana are available for 70 years old and up, if you can find them.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Frequent Contributor

I had mine on Monday.  It is the Pfizer one that requires 21 days between shots, so I'll get my second shot on Feb 15th.  It is very hard to get appointments around here.  One has to just be checking the health department site at the lucky time.  I had a friend, who's friend texted her when she found some open appointments.  Friend called me and I snagged one.   Lots of people are still waiting to get theirs. 

Janet in Georgia
Trusted Contributor

I had my second shot (Pfizer) yesterday morning.  With the first shot I had a minor sore arm for the first 36 hours and that was it.  With the second dose the arm is a lot more sore and I'm feeling a little tired but that's all so far.

Coworker who got the second dose yesterday said she felt like a Mack truck hit her this morning.  Body aches and fever.