Trusted Contributor

I definitely agree with the op's- JEALOUSY.

Honored Contributor

her husband noticed your hair and other such stuff. She is quite jealous of you. She probably wants you to feel bad about yourself because this is the only way she can feel more beautiful about herself in her husband eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Sounds like she is JEALOUS.

Her husband complimented you, so therefore you must be taken down a peg or two.

Pathetic.

Just continue being awesome while she watches helplessly....Woman LOL

@YorkieonmyPillow- I thought the exact same thing!!! Jealous old hag!

Remember, when they go low, we go high. You're doing a great job; don't stop now!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much.  The comments can really get to me if I'm having a bad day.  I was finally telling my daughter about this and one of my adult granddaughters overheard.  Her comment was "Grandma, just look her in the eye and ask 'what is your problem?'" .As I said before, I don't need a confrontation.  Your comments reinforced that ignoring her is better.  Thanks, again!!!  I really needed your help!!!  You kindness means more than I can express!

Respected Contributor

YUP, I AGREE, TOO ~ SHE'S JEALOUS!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

Just continue to be your beautiful self.  Do t worry about her, just say thank you.

Honored Contributor

Good for you! Looking like a Beauty Queen while weeding. That is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work. Please continue to make her jealous.

I don't know why some women are like that. But please continue to be "fancy". I think you are enjoying life and please continue to do so.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r  You better  believe that:

1) She does this to OTHER women as well

2) Her snark means EVERYONE including her husband knows she is a jealous $itch. 

Smile and hold your head up high. Do NOT lower yourself to her level with a snarky come-back. In fact, pity her because she has such an ugly heart. Hugs.

Honored Contributor

Once I sat outside on a bench while my daughter was getting an mri. The woman who sat next to me was so beautiful and was wearing a pretty dress and makeup and she was there for cancer treatments. When she told me all she had been thru I was so amazed and inspired. She said she always wanted to look nice because she hoped it made people feel good and she did! She also had a beautiful personality.

I will never forget her beautiful attitude.

And a neighbor of mine who was much older, always looked so pretty with the best coral lipstick and upswept hair and a bikini even going to the pool. I was also inspired by her.

And a very special lady at church in her upper eightys always looks like the best dressed lovely lady. She puts so much thought and joy into it-her nails, hair, suits, jewelry. She is my total idol. Not only that but everyone loves her and she makes everyone feel so special and loved!

Everyone knows what it is to be hugged by her!

@grandma r-

You remind me of all these women.

They are beautiful and inspiring and I love to see them every time!

You just keep on keeping on being beautiful inside and out, garden gloves and all!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@grandma r I completely agree with @StephaniM You be the bigger and better person and just say, Thank You!  As others have said, it has nothing to do with you. It's her problem, Don't let it be yours. Keep being your magnificent self!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.