Honored Contributor

Small Christmas Blessings

[ Edited ]

There is a path I walk daily through my neighborhood (only frightful weather keeps me from doing so) and about a month ago I noticed a sign posted around alerting us that a beloved cat was missing.  I recognized him from the photo posted and had seen him often outside his house during the summer months.  When I saw the poster of him and saw he was missing my heart just broke.

I prayed every day as I passed the house where I always saw him, and when I saw the posters, I prayed that he would return home to his family.

This morning as I walked by his house, there he was, peeking out from one of the home's bushes.

I smiled all the way home as I walked on this unusually warm and sunny Christmas Day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Small Christmas Blessings

A small blessing for you and a huge blessing for the family.  Makes my heart happy that he made it home.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I love your post

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot I love you!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot 

I just love happy endings with missing pets!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

The gifts that money can't buy...wishes & dreams granted...the ones life gives us - those are the best gifts of all.  And you received a really good one today.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Merry Christmas!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Hopefully the kitty's family would make him an indoor cat since they had the scare of him running away. Cats live so much longer being indoor kitties. I just read a stat=outdoor cats live 2-9 years, indoor cats can live up to 20 years and beyond! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

The gifts that money can't buy...wishes & dreams granted...the ones life gives us - those are the best gifts of all.  And you received a really good one today.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  Merry Christmas!

@Havarti 

Just when you think sometimes that prayers aren't answered, this beautiful thing happens.

OK, now I'm crying.  But I'm smiling ear to ear.  It's a Wonderful Christmas!!!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Hopefully the kitty's family would make him an indoor cat since they had the scare of him running away. Cats live so much longer being indoor kitties. I just read a stat=outdoor cats live 2-9 years, indoor cats can live up to 20 years and beyond! 

@ID2 

The picture of him was inside the house, so I just assume he's an indoor/outdoor guy.  My 2 cats are indoor only, but I have had some that were indoor/outdoor as they demanded that (LONG stories!!!)

Yes, I would prefer him to be inside now, but the owners might have their own story.

I did call the number that was attached to the Missing poster, and it was the number for "Home Again".  If the family didn't already know that he's back.  I was going to knock on their door, but I saw no vehicle and think they must be somewhere else for Christmas.  Home Again will notify them that there was a "sighting" and will give them my name and number if they need to reach me.

Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@Havarti 

Yes, what is important in life doesn't come with a price tag.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone here!