Frequent Contributor

I am very frustrated with the Q's processing of my returns. My purchases are clothing items. After QVC started using new return mail labels I am unable to track my returns. I take my packages to my local post office where the clerk scans them for processing. After a few days I go online to check the return status. The message says "Status Unavailable ". That message never changes. After 12 - 14 days I call CS for updated info.  I'm always told my post office hasn't processed the package. Wrong!  After much discussion the rep processes the refund. If the Q is pushing easy exchanges, they better figure out how to process a return in order to make an exchange. 

Am I the only person with this problem?   According to CS no one else has reported this problem. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Slow processing of returns

You are not the only one.  I too have had issues with returns taking FOREVER!!!!!!!

Forever for the shipping back to QVC and forever for the refund to my credit card. 

frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

I am waiting on a return right now but I will give it a few more days.  The Q is usually very good with returns and credits.  JCPenney -- I waited 28 days before I was issued the credit.  That is beyond ridiculous.  Never again. Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@LUV 2 SHOP  It's entirely possible your post office hasn't processed your return.  Why do you automatically assume it's QVC's fault?  If the PO had done their job, there'd be tracking right up to Q's front door. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I take my packages directly to the post office and watch the clerk scan each shipping label. My packages are then placed in the mail tubs. The delays are on EVERY return. This has been happening for the last two months. I began to notice the problem when QVC changed their shipping labels.  Even the worst post office can't delay EVERYTHING. My packages returned to the other shopping channels are processed in a timely manner. BTW those packages go through the same post office as the QVC packages. Your theory that the post office isn't doing their job simply isn't true. 

Honored Contributor

It's terrible. There's just no reason for this. Other companies process returns right away. They sure don't delay when you buy something-it's there on your card the minute you hit submit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LUV 2 SHOP  It's entirely possible your post office hasn't processed your return.  Why do you automatically assume it's QVC's fault?  If the PO had done their job, there'd be tracking right up to Q's front door. 

@Kachina624@LUV 2 SHOP

I have a tracking status for my package that says "In Transit"  ... since August 5.   I emailed Q's customer service, giving them the tracking number.  Received a response yesterday saying my cc has been credited as of yesterday.   As of today, the tracking status still says "In Transit."

Honored Contributor

@LUV 2 SHOP wrote:

I take my packages directly to the post office and watch the clerk scan each shipping label. My packages are then placed in the mail tubs. The delays are on EVERY return. This has been happening for the last two months. I began to notice the problem when QVC changed their shipping labels.  Even the worst post office can't delay EVERYTHING. My packages returned to the other shopping channels are processed in a timely manner. BTW those packages go through the same post office as the QVC packages. Your theory that the post office isn't doing their job simply isn't true. 

@LUV 2 SHOP

I do the same.  Have the clerk scan it and always get a receipt.

Yes, they do put in right in the bin...HOWEVER....QVC uses a third party shipper.  IF you are using the QVC return label.

USPS does NOT send your return themselves.  The bins go in the back and the packages are held until the third party shipper makes a pick up at that post office branch.

That is why you are seeing status unavailable.  The third party shipper probably hasn't even picked up your pkg. yet.

I have had them sit at the PO for as long as ten days before they are picked up and head on their merry way back to QVC.

Unfortunately, that is the way it is done.

If you need your returns processed faster, pay the shipping yourself and do NOT use the prepaid label.  Then USPS WILL be delivering your return back to the Q.  It takes half the time.

Honored Contributor

I returned 2 items recently to QVC and my returns were credited very promptly.  I used the QVC return label because it was cheaper and I dropped them right in the mailbox on my corner.  Within a week I rec'd an e-mail from QVC that my returns were processed and my account was credited. 

Trusted Contributor

Part could be the post office. I just had a package, 2 paperback books, sit at the post office Aug. 4-14. I just got it. It went through a couple USPS stops first, then sat across the state ten days. I wasn't sure what to do about it, then suddenly it showed up.