Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden glad you asked about sleep number bed.  I have bad back problems (not that we would be getting one) but I wondered what owners thought of them.  Seems like some love them and others don't.  Guess the more bells and whistles you get the more they cost.  Wonder if there are any hotels that you could stay in that have them so you could at least try them out.

Honored Contributor

DH and I are on our second, both kings.

The first lasted >15 years with NO problems.

The second is a split king with adjustable head, but no other additional functions. I have long term RA and a good deal of constant pain.  DH has reflux.  

WE would not have anything else!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden glad you asked about sleep number bed.  I have bad back problems (not that we would be getting one) but I wondered what owners thought of them.  Seems like some love them and others don't.  Guess the more bells and whistles you get the more they cost.  Wonder if there are any hotels that you could stay in that have them so you could at least try them out.

The Radisson is the only hotel chain that offers its guests the Sleep Number bed.

Not every room will have a Sleep Number bed, but you can request a room that does have one.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I've never slept on one, but always wondered if they were truly "worth" the money....I'm pretty sure they have the 100 nights guarantee or something though, unless I'm thinking of another company...just a thought to try it out!

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Buying a mattress is so overwhelming!  So many different brands .... and so many conflicting reviews.  Thankyou everyone for your opinions on the sleep number bed.  ❤️🙂👏

Regular Contributor

I love mine.  We are on our second one.  First one was their base model that we bought in 99. Lasted about 22 years because I started having back issues. Went to their store and bought a better model and no more back problems.  I can also sleep on my back now which I have never been able to. Like other posters said you never feel your partner move or get out of bed.  We invested in one that will outlive us. I like my side real firm where he prefers his softer.  

Occasional Contributor

I have had my extra long queen Sleep Number since January 2002 and absolutely love it and wouldn't even consider another type of mattress.  Mine has the dual chambers with remote that adjusts both side individually, although I live alone.  I'm also a large woman and the mattress hasn't let me down.  Yes, they are expensive but so is any good-quality mattress.  The way I look at it is, if I buy a top at $50 and wear it twice a year, that's expensive.  Considering my  mattress is 18 years old and it's used for 8-9 hours/night, it's a bargain considering sleep is paramount to good health.  Additionally, there isn't a problem with pressure point pain with the Sleep Number bed.  I have Osteoarthritis through my entire body and can't even stay at a hotel because if their mattresses.  I hope this information is helpful.

Respected Contributor

We LOVE our Sleep Number Bed.  

Whenever it's time (not yet), to purchase another mattress/bed, it will be a Sleep Number.

We can adjust our level of comfort without disturbing the other person. 

I would suggest to purchase the most expensive model of Sleep Number that your budget allows.  Not real sure it's necessary, I've always found you get what you pay for. 

Esteemed Contributor

does anyone know if sleep number beds are available NOT split in a Queen size?    My mom wants a queen but not split ,  as my dad has passed so doesn't need two separate beds.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore  et al, I have a Sleep Science bed I bought at Costco (I am in Canada) (because of the great return policy).  It is a queen, no split mattress.  Love it.  Have had it about two years.  Head and foot are adjustable and there is a massage function that I never use.  Great purchase.  LM